Dawson Knox to attend TE University

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

IIRC he went last year.  It didn't help.  It's make or break year for him.

Why don't we give a player in a position that is notoriously slow to develop more than two years before we call him a bust?

And yeah, it did help him because he was a better TE in 2020 than he was in 2019.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Why don't we give a player in a position that is notoriously slow to develop more than two years before we call him a bust?

And yeah, it did help him because he was a better TE in 2020 than he was in 2019.

How hard can it be?   Kelvin Benjamin and Tim Tebow are expected to pick it up immediately with zero experience!

Kidding -- he did play better towards the end of last year.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Knox worked-out with Kittle last off-season, not also with Kelce.  Maybe he gets something from it.  Personally I still think it's a lapse in concentration with him as he seems to flub the easy catches but make the difficult one.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it really is hand eye coordination.

I you look at the new video that yolo posted it shows that Josh buddy are new te turns his head watches the ball come into his hands and pulls it into his body. For him it is a natural type move just like walking down the street. Soft hands are great also

Remember Knox was not used much as a receiver in college at all he relied on his athletic abilities. Knox even in the new video always seems to look upheld to make a play first rather than looking the ball into his hands securing the ball into his body and than making the so called football move upheld.  Watch some of the plays that he made last year he always turns his head fast. Some people say lost of concentration I say instincts of his are make a big play.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Knox worked-out with Kittle last off-season, not also with Kelce.  Maybe he gets something from it.  Personally I still think it's a lapse in concentration with him as he seems to flub the easy catches but make the difficult one.

He did work with Kittle last year. I recall Sal talking about it ad-nauseum on WGR for awhile during training camp. Found this link below. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/08/buffalo-bills-dawson-knox-worked-out-49ers-george-kittle/

Knox ended up working out with Kittle himself this offseason in Nashville, he revealed.

“Just watching what he does on film is amazing. He’ll go block a D-end and then go run a corner [route] and score a touchdown. I think it’s really fun to see his athleticism in space… the way he creates separation,” Knox said. “He’s hard to bring down, too. If I was only to watch one person right now, I’d probably watch him.”

After leading the NFL with 10 drops last season, Knox definitely has a ways to go to look anything like Kittle, who led the league in receptions per game among tight ends in 2019. Hopefully getting a first-hand look and possible advice from Kittle could be something the now second-year pro can lean on as he looks forward to Year 2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.