A Lot of Bills stars Were at OTA's But 1 Star Was Not .

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why are you immune to the wrath of @Royale with Cheese?

He's frickin' demanding I provide data that proves fat people are more at risk for heart disease.............if he asks me to prove that water is wet I might need your help.

Lol, yeah not sure exact details of conversation between you and him and all, but yeah it's pretty well known ppl who are fat/obese are more at risk of heart problems. Although some big players like that also have a lot of muscle and are in shape enough to play in NFL, those types maybe not as much.

But your overall fatass like myself for sure...lol

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not quite.  They said

image.thumb.png.8c5ee8c3a63b2c0b87fafd891aa94c90.png

image.thumb.png.db9f6d2bc01923a97be7b5e3edbe72d3.png

There's a carrot and a stick in there - if you aren't vaccinated, you aren't eligible for Tier 1 or 2 status. (Stick); if you do get vaccinated, you get benefits with regard to less testing, no quarantine, and fewer PPE requirements.

Now the team may have limited number of non-Tier1 and Tier2 positions, so that might hamper your ability to do your job, but it stops short of saying "you must be vaccinated to work here".

I wish NFL commissioner would model himself on Teddy Roosevelt.

He used to quote an old African proverb "speak softly, and carry a big stick and you will go far”. 

743px-Tr-bigstick-cartoon-615.jpg

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

It is funny how state governments have mandated that fans be vaccinated but not employees.

Yeah that's a good point. I'd assume since it's 50,000+ fans and only 53 players along with the few staff maybe having something to do with it.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No.  We don't.  It was reported by the Buffalo Fanatics podcasters quoting that ever-valuable word "sources" and what they said was 10 players, which would be somewhat higher than 10 percent.

Can we leave the "layers of American ignorance" out of this going forwards?  This isn't the place for it.  Thank you.  Further such will be unceremoniously snipped.

Correct it is a rumor reported from sources - so who knows if it is 100% true, but  if it is really 10 then we are talking 13%, but they state less than 10 so if it is 8 that is 10% of the players in camp.

I personally believe it is probably higher, but I have no sources and this is a legitimate source, but I do not know how much to trust their accuracy or who their sources are and from when they got the info - just that they released it with OTAs.

To my point - I could see it impacted some players decisions to come in - especially with the NFLPA putting out the position that players should not attend.  I would just think Star would be in contact with the FO on this and McD did not make it sound that way - so I get the frustration.

Matt Parino even said he neglected to follow up with the coach to determine if they have heard anything.  You could hear the frustration, but is it from total lack of contact or a position that I am not coming until I have to.  

We just don’t know the whole story.

5 hours ago, Boxcar said:

What's the point in calling something voluntary if you don't consider it to be voluntary.

There is that..., 

We all know the coaches and Gms around the league take note, if a player shows up in shape and plays well it is then forgotten, but those that don’t show, and then come in out of shape, we’ll, that doesn’t get forgotten...,team buy in is a big deal in the NFL.

Star not showing for OTA's is hardly an earth shattering news development. He'll show up in July at his regular weight and perform for one final year for the Bills. He won't play pro bowl caliber football, but he will perform his job freeing up Ed and the DE's to find gaps. Next year I can see McD going full blown nascar front 4 after Star is gone.

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, yeah not sure exact details of conversation between you and him and all, but yeah it's pretty well known ppl who are fat/obese are more at risk of heart problems. Although some big players like that also have a lot of muscle and are in shape enough to play in NFL, those types maybe not as much.

But your overall fatass like myself for sure...lol

A 300 lbs Accountant with a sedentary lifestyle is a lot different than a 300 lbs professional athlete.

The issue with the 300 lbs athlete is keeping the same eating habits while not training as hard after they retire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Correct it is a rumor reported from sources - so who knows if it is 100% true, but  if it is really 10 then we are talking 13%, but they state less than 10 so if it is 8 that is 10% of the players in camp.

I personally believe it is probably higher, but I have no sources and this is a legitimate source, but I do not know how much to trust their accuracy or who their sources are and from when they got the info - just that they released it with OTAs.

To my point - I could see it impacted some players decisions to come in - especially with the NFLPA putting out the position that players should not attend.  I would just think Star would be in contact with the FO on this and McD did not make it sound that way - so I get the frustration.

Matt Parino even said he neglected to follow up with the coach to determine if they have heard anything.  You could hear the frustration, but is it from total lack of contact or a position that I am not coming until I have to.  

We just don’t know the whole story.

For what it's worth, word is that most teams are in the same boat and ZERO teams have met the 30% vax rate.

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A 300 lbs Accountant with a sedentary lifestyle is a lot different than a 300 lbs professional athlete.

The issue with the 300 lbs athlete is keeping the same eating habits while not training as hard after they retire.

Yeah I know. I said that as well in my post you quoted...Lol did you miss that part bro?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Star not showing for OTA's is hardly an earth shattering news development. He'll show up in July at his regular weight and perform for one final year for the Bills. He won't play pro bowl caliber football, but he will perform his job freeing up Ed and the DE's to find gaps. Next year I can see McD going full blown nascar front 4 after Star is gone.

All the more reason I felt they should have taken a true 1 tech in this draft.....I dont even care if it means we came out of with with 3 DL

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You made the claim that most 300+ NFL players have medical conditions and were at risk.  LOL.  

That's the data I asked for yet you won't provide because you made it up.

It's time for reading glasses dude.

I didn't say 300+..........I said 300#.