Zay Jones gets new number - 7, his college number

Zero was not available with new single digits allowed for WRs.  Zero for Zay Zones just makes since if you like alliteration.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-wide-receiver-first-to-exploit-new-number-rule-2363190/

NFL rules do stipulate players who wish to change their jersey number immediately must buy out all existing inventory of jerseys printed with their current number. A player can avoid that cost by declaring an intention to change numbers a season in advance.

Buy out from just from NFL shop or officially licensed stores as well?  No DHGate ones obviously.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Zero was not available with new single digits allowed for WRs.  Zero for Zay Zones just makes since if you like alliteration.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-wide-receiver-first-to-exploit-new-number-rule-2363190/

Buy out just from NFL shop or officially licensed stores as well?  No DHGate ones obviously.

When I first scanned this I thought it said -7 and thought yeah I could see him doing that 😏

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

Is he still in the NFL? What a surprise. Thought he was done a long time ago. 

He’s gonna remember how to play the game and catch the football! The number is the magical difference!

....or maybe not.....   🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I was really hoping from the thread title that his number was going to be -7.

I did deliberately leave a space between "-" and 7 although I did think about it.

His WR coach (Phil McGeoghan) at Eastern Carolina, who had a very spotty reputation in NFL going back to college coaching when NFL job was not available, was hired by Bills for NFL staff and heavily recommended to draft Zay Zones.

Previous WRs he taught in NFL had said he had not taught them anything when he was WR coach, just route trees they were supposed to do.

When Sanjay Lal was hired by Bills for Rex's staff I looked him up 

Sanjay Lal, the WR coach he replaced, worked with many WRs, has had a position in NFL every year since 2007, has had multiple WRs complement him on his ability to teach not just routes but techniques and how to look at film, and has had multiple teams wanting to hire him in same year.  He was in interview and asked why he goes from team to team and he said he likes to work in different places and learns new things at every new job.

Note: I like the hiring of Chad Hall but Phil McGeoghan was a bad hire and said so at time.  He did not help Zay to develop.

14 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

The NFL is notorious for promoting absolute value. 

I can do this formula.  It is only way you get positive value from him.

|Zay| = 7

• Like (+1) 1

Well if a Zay Jones thread is now the standard for relevancy, perhaps folks would like to know that yesterday, Lee Evans had scrambled eggs for breakfast. I would have bet he was an over-easy kind of guy. Thoughts?

But did he put ketchup and tobasco on the eggs.  I know, I’d almost forgotten Jones at this point.  It was sad as understood the pick in 2017.  He had at that time the most catches in college or something, but couldn’t catch a cold for the Bills.

I didn’t know his nickname is Zones.  I assume that wasn’t a typo Lime as you wrote a couple of times.

When my wife had her cancer benefit in the summer of 2019, we reached out to the Bills and Sabres for a donated item for the auction we had as part of the benefit. Sabres donated a signed Sam Reinhart stick. Bills donated a signed Zay Jones cleat. I think the Reinhart stick went for double what the Jones cleat went for.