Josh Norman Interview - Very Positive Comments About the Bills

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That Giants front office from the time was one of the ones that had a reputation for asking questions in pre-draft interviews intended to provoke reactions from players. Some of them frankly lurid and unacceptable questions. 

Questions like "Do you prefer blue cheese or ranch?"?

• Haha (+1) 1

Or course since you are from England maybe I should have asked "Do you prefer bourbon or cheese?".

I worked in jolly, old England twice (1995 and 1996) with me having a car second time.  

Went to a restaurant (bar) in Manchester which served wings those two ways.

Did a search for it but cannot find it - it has been more than 20 years - but did find a Chicken Wing festival in Manchester.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ywaww5/best-chicken-wings-britain-2019-london-fest-buffalo

I do hope it is still going on.

2 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Has any ex-Bills had negative comments about McDermott/Beane?  There might have been a few during the first year but after that?   Maybe Quinton Spain said something?

Yea Spain said something about their honesty I think but otherwise I struggle to think of one off the top of my head. Even Shady who you might have thought would throw a barb or two on the way out was pretty complimentary of them. 

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Spain said something about their honesty I think but otherwise I struggle to think of one off the top of my head. Even Shady who you might have thought would throw a barb or two on the way out was pretty complimentary of them. 

I don't think Shady would have said anything.  Didn't they release him rather than trying to trade him as sort of a favor so he could sign with anyone he wanted?  Of course, it was not clear that they could have gotten anything for him.

I seem to remember Watkins or perhaps Dareus throwing some very slight shade about how great it was to play somewhere with a chance to win but those were first year. 

In any case, its been pretty remarkable how positive ex-Bills have been about McDermott and Beane after the stuff some of the players said about Rex, Whaley, and Doug Marrone.

Edited by Billy Claude