Stadium update, but not really

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So we're all still a "no" on a dome?  The way we play football in 2021 and we're still a no?

Not me.  I'm all in.  Put a lid on it watch how loud we get plus I guarantee we get a Super Bowl - oh yeah you bet your tail if I'm Pegula I'm leveraging that somehow.  

The chances of WNY getting a Super Bowl are somewhere between slim and none, for a variety of reasons. I wish that weren’t true, but it is. We don’t even have the hotel rooms, for one thing. 

NOW, could we throw one helluva draft party? We could CRUSH that and I’d love to see it! 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So we're all still a "no" on a dome?  The way we play football in 2021 and we're still a no?

Not me.  I'm all in.  Put a lid on it watch how loud we get plus I guarantee we get a Super Bowl - oh yeah you bet your tail if I'm Pegula I'm leveraging that somehow.  

Make it a retractable roof, but make sure it's open in December or January when the Dolphins come here.

Edited by Draconator

9 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Liquor liability insurance serving at a stadium costs a fortune. Wegmans aint going to change their business model and insurance for a few extra bucks and a big investment in one stadium.

Then maybe the entire food & beverage contract, less alcohol, then no worries, although Danny likely wants nothing to do with it at all. 

I'de be shocked if they did anything other than a closed roof stadium. There's no point to build a new stadium otherwise. Even a retrofit. A retrofit in Buffalo is a waste of time and money. 

I guess they could still put a roof on the current stadium in a retrofit but still, I don't think it'll be much different price wise from the report I read. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'de be shocked if they did anything other than a closed roof stadium. There's no point to build a new stadium otherwise. Even a retrofit. A retrofit in Buffalo is a waste of time and money. 

I guess they could still put a roof on the current stadium in a retrofit but still, I don't think it'll be much different price wise from the report I read. 

Highmark (whatever) Stadium is too wide to put a roof on unless you're cool with massive girders obstructing your view. Retractable roofs are a huge waste of money. Does a sunroof make a car feel like a convertible? Same with a stadium. You're not outside. You're inside with a hole in the roof.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There is no fracking way to pay for this stadium

Pegs should just buy a few DogeCoins and wait a couple years.

8 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Sink/toilet/eye-wash station is the future. 

no thanks, I can’t handle another pandemic in this lifetime.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

Let Wegmans pay for part of it, and they can have restaurants and supply the food.  

14 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

This is a good idea imo, but last I heard Wegmans was not interested in name recognition at the stadium, although a long term food and beverage contract might motivate Danny... 😁

Wegmans isn't a large event  caterer.  This makes no sense. If there was money to be made by Wegmans with this business model, they would be making it already.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I read this a few minutes ago and my first thought was, why did they even bother releasing this statement. They say they met to discuss the results of an independent study, at least say something of what that study said. 

I appreciate the art of saying a lot without saying anything, but there is almost always a prompt for that. No one was expecting a statement.

Very weird.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

no thanks, I can’t handle another pandemic in this lifetime.

Only one step away from toilet kitchens

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wegmans isn't a large event  caterer.  This makes no sense. If there was money to be made by Wegmans with this business model, they would be making it already.  

Think about their soda and water, a few of their foods every 4th stand. Their vending machines, their new style restaurant, and they absolutely cater, which they could the boxes.  

I know it’ll never happen, but I think it could be an interesting model.   Especially if they do your typical stadium mark up pricing.   Even if they sold their normal .50 soda for a dollar, fans would view that as a steal 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Think about their soda and water, a few of their foods every 4th stand. Their vending machines, their new style restaurant, and they absolutely cater, which they could the boxes.  

I know it’ll never happen, but I think it could be an interesting model.   Especially if they do your typical stadium mark up pricing.   Even if they sold their normal .50 soda for a dollar, fans would view that as a steal 

There are countless actual event caterers who already do this.  Wegmans isn't going to get into staffing steam trays in luxury boxes.

I'm sure they've done the math long ago.  They make their money buy luring you back to the stores over an over again, not by selling drinks hot dogs and chicken fingers to game attendees a few days a year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

At present..., but I am certain “if” Danny wanted to he could pull it off, as I stated up thread, Danny has shown no interest in partnering with OBD so this is just musing on my behalf,

17 hours ago, Augie said:

The chances of WNY getting a Super Bowl are somewhere between slim and none, for a variety of reasons. I wish that weren’t true, but it is. We don’t even have the hotel rooms, for one thing. 

NOW, could we throw one helluva draft party? We could CRUSH that and I’d love to see it! 

HEY JACKSONVILLE BROUGHT IN CRUISE LINERS, WE JUST NEED TO BRING A BUNCH OF CRUISE SHIPS DOWN THE ST LAWRENCE AND WELLAND CANAL TO BUFFALO IN THE HEIGHT OF WINTER!!!! WHAT COULD GO WRONG?! ....lol

• Haha (+1) 5