Stadium update, but not really

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Minneapolis's stadium is a temperature controlled dome with about 60% of the roof composed of ETFE glass.  They just have an awesome design and were able to build the stadium for 1.1 billion dollars.  Just hire those people and tell them we want the same thing. 

A retractable roof isn't worth the money as teams that have it only have it opened about a third of the time.  Plus, four of the five teams that have warmer climates (Dallas, Houston, Arizona, Atlanta).  The Colts being the only exception.

I surrendered season tickets years ago after being miserable after a 34 degree rain soaked game during the Bills/Giants game in late '07?  If the Pegula's read this board, I will GLADLY purchase two PSL's if you build a new dome in Orchard Park next to the current stadium.  

Minneapolis's stadium is NOT a "dome".  Look at it.  https://www.mortenson.com/-/media/project/mortenson/site/images/projects/us-bank-stadium/gallery-3.jpg

Where is the "rounded vault" roof?  That's the definition of a dome.

As for if it's worth the money, that is a matter of opinion obviously. Many teams have decided it is worth it. I'd say if it was open twice a year, it would be worth it.*  But I think the real issue is that teams should on close it if absolutely necessary. It should almost always be left open. (I think the league has something to say about when the roof is open. But if I were negotiating with the NFL and they wanted a covered stadium, I'd make it a point to get an exemption to let the team open the roof at will.) Then again, Pittsburgh, New England, Cleveland don't have ANY roof over their stadiums. Their fans must be much tougher than many of the posters here.

*Actually I don't think a new covered stadium is "worth it". Period. But If forced to build one, then the added cost of a retractable roof is most definately "worth it", IMO.

39 minutes ago, The Dean said:

(I think the league has something to say about when the roof is open.

When they did the Toronto season, I remember reading somewhere the criteria for leaving the roof open.  I don't believe they ever had it open for a game there.  I do remember the first game in the series, pre-season against the Steelers, driving by and seeing the roof open.  But by time the game started, they had closed it. 

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If I was an opposing team owner I would be more concerned about getting Bills to update the opposition team locker room which I heard from ex-NFL coworker (who played for Jets mostly on PS) is below standard.  Maybe they took the advice of many fans and limit amount of hot water to them.  Another concern of opposition teams would be improving field.. There are limits the Bills can do with design of stadium and field below ground level.

I’ve been in the visitor locker room a few times and I must say I’ve seen high schools that have nicer visitors locker rooms . I swear too you they still have 27” bulb tv’s in their . 

5 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

PSL's in a new stadium, might bring my days as a season ticket holder, to an end.

What about PSL’s in the current stadium?  They will be implemented regardless of stadium, sooner rather than later. 

Edited by BTB

On 5/25/2021 at 8:33 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

I hear they’re retrofitting all men’s rooms to one big sink-toilet each.

Retrofitting? It’s been this way since 1973!

On 5/25/2021 at 9:58 PM, Augie said:

The chances of WNY getting a Super Bowl are somewhere between slim and none, for a variety of reasons. I wish that weren’t true, but it is. We don’t even have the hotel rooms, for one thing. 

NOW, could we throw one helluva draft party? We could CRUSH that and I’d love to see it! 

“A sufficient quantity of quality hotel accommodations is essential to a successful Super Bowl. TI1ere must be 35% as many hotel rooms as the number of Stadium seats guamnteed in the Bid, located in prope1iies within a 60-minute drive ofthe Stadium (e.g. for a 75,000-seat Stadium, there must be a minimum o f 27,000 hotel rooms within the 60-mlimte radius). Distance estimates must be based on peak hour drive-times. Evidence of at least 19,000 top- quality, full service rooms inevocably contracted for the NFL and NFL-related groups must be included in your Bid.”

Whats the approximate mileage from Niagara Falls to Orchard Park -in the seemingly unlikely new stadium being built there.. Otherwise, even Canadian Falls hotels can be considered for the Buffalo area, no?

59 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I highly doubt that would ever happen.

Wishful thinking?  How much have your tickets gone up in the last few years?

When is a good time to implement PSL’s?   When demand for tix is at the highest point in 25 years or so!  Don’t think discussions on this subject aren’t happening at OBD.  

Edited by BTB

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Retrofitting? It’s been this way since 1973!

Some of the newer bathrooms added during the last big remodel are actually quite clean and spacious.

Gotta know where to look to find em!

They unfortunately don’t truly capture the whole classic  “piss in the sink” vibe.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

*Actually I don't think a new covered stadium is "worth it". Period. But If forced to build one, then the added cost of a retractable roof is most definately "worth it", IMO.

And you'll hate it because a retractable roof is like a sunroof in sedan... it's still not like a convertible. It's a sedan with a hole in the roof.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My first season ticket, was $135, in 1989. It is now, $1350/seat for my three seats.

PSL's in the current facility are simply not going to happen.

Not in Highmark but once a new stadium is announced? You bet.  But I think they will more Buffalo-priced and fans will be able to spread them out over a few years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And you'll hate it because a retractable roof is like a sunroof in sedan... it's still not like a convertible. It's a sedan with a hole in the roof.

Yes. Exactly why I prefer no roof at all.

But if I'm buying a new car, not a convertible,  I don't even consider one without a sunroof.

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

The prices for Bills club seats have included a PSL for years now.

Really?  A PSL is a SEPERATE charge that entitles you to buy a ticket. High ticket prices are not the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

The prices for Bills club seats have included a PSL for years now.

I am aware of that but will they need to purchase new ones, how much will they be and will they get credit for previous PSL paid for seats?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not in Highmark but once a new stadium is announced? You bet.  But I think they will more Buffalo-priced and fans will be able to spread them out over a few years.

Club seats, have a yearly PSL, not a one time PSL like other stadiums.  

Just now, Just Jack said:

Yes, a separate PSL.  

I wonder why they aren't in the list of teams with PSLs I've seen. Interesting. Thanks, Jack.

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

$1,200 PSL charge on top of the ticket price?

Yup. About $4,100 total for 2 seats 

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

I wonder why they aren't in the list of teams with PSLs I've seen. Interesting. Thanks, Jack.

Seats outside of club  no psl I believe 

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

Now they call it a "Club Seat License".  Back when I first had seasons in the clubs, when we had paper tickets, it said on the ticket Ticket Price + PSL = Combined Price.  

Here's my invoice

Tickets.JPG

Edited by Just Jack