Stadium update, but not really

46 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I read this a few minutes ago and my first thought was, why did they even bother releasing this statement. They say they met to discuss the results of an independent study, at least say something of what that study said. 

I think they are just messing with us! It’s all a tease! Somebody is chuckling somewhere!  :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I read this a few minutes ago and my first thought was, why did they even bother releasing this statement. They say they met to discuss the results of an independent study, at least say something of what that study said. 

Probably part of a larger pr strategy if I had to guess. Give their network the ability to prime a story, maybe start working on some subtle change management, test out some different word combinations to see what drives engagement through some AB testing, etc.

Actually, they're probably reading this right now...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Time to put that season ticket jackpot to good use!!!!

I'm usually not a conspiracy type but considering how long the NFL has been on the Bills to upgrade their stadium, it would be much easier to ask for stadium funding after a Super Bowl win. Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Let Wegmans pay for part of it, and they can have restaurants and supply the food.  

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

That's actually not a bad idea

That won't happen. But you know who would probably pay for that? Delaware North Corporation. The people who are in the business of $14 beers.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

That's actually not a bad idea

You know what makes Danny Wegman money?  Building stores in affluent areas

He's not about to just light a warehouse full of $100 bills on fire paying for a stadium that does nothing for his bottom line

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm usually not a conspiracy type but considering how long the NFL has been on the Bills to upgrade their stadium, it would be much easier to ask for stadium funding after a Super Bowl win. Just saying.

That won't happen. But you know who would probably pay for that? Delaware North Corporation. The people who are in the business of $14 beers.

42 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

You know what makes Danny Wegman money?  Building stores in affluent areas

He's not about to just light a warehouse full of $100 bills on fire paying for a stadium that does nothing for his bottom line

Lighting a warehouse full of $100 bills on fire worked for Delaware North. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Let Wegmans pay for part of it, and they can have restaurants and supply the food.  

This is a good idea imo, but last I heard Wegmans was not interested in name recognition at the stadium, although a long term food and beverage contract might motivate Danny... 😁

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

Just that the Pegulas met with state and county officials today, and named two people to head up the discussions. 

1611608214_ScreenShot2021-05-25at4_43_56PM.png.43209a506348e7312b702fa7a8bf7a6f.png

Wasn't there a long thread from some insider a few years back about building a stadium out near Letchworth.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

This is a good idea imo, but last I heard Wegmans was not interested in name recognition at the stadium, although a long term food and beverage contract might motivate Danny... 😁

Liquor liability insurance serving at a stadium costs a fortune. Wegmans aint going to change their business model and insurance for a few extra bucks and a big investment in one stadium.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Wasn't there a long thread from some insider a few years back about building a stadium out near Letchworth.

Yes, but the dots didn’t connect. 

• Haha (+1) 3

So we're all still a "no" on a dome?  The way we play football in 2021 and we're still a no?

Not me.  I'm all in.  Put a lid on it watch how loud we get plus I guarantee we get a Super Bowl - oh yeah you bet your tail if I'm Pegula I'm leveraging that somehow.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1