Tremaine Edmunds OTAs press conference 5/25

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Taylor I believe was the 6th alternate because the QB’s ahead of him opted out.  Edmunds wasn’t.

2/3 of the Pro Bowl voting is players and coaches.  I’m willing to bet Edmunds wasn’t a leader in the fan voting.

It doesn’t indicate he’s elite or excellent, it means he’s not god awful like some people say he is.  This Front Office is not afraid to make changes and they havent moved on from him and picked up his option.  This is a team that extended Spain, benched and cut him 5 games into the next season.  We just extended Daryl Williams and drafted a RT high in this very draft.  They have not even brought in competition against Edmunds.

And I dont think he's terrible, but he hasn't been anything more than middle of the pack. It's his 4th year, time to show us what you have! It'd be crazy to say we've seen enough of him to say we'll give him a second contract if he continues playing like this. I don't mean you, but people get bent out of shape over saying a rookie we moved up to draft high, needs to show us more? Flashes are great, but for every flash he's had he's a terrible game to average it out. We need more outta the guy, he's nowhere near lived up to the guy we were supposed to get is all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1