Josh Allen OTAs press conference 5/25

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

See above. As I stated, I didn't say you weren't free to shame others.

But you don't like the shaming, was your implication. Unless I'm reading that wrong. You support players exercising their rights to be selfish and stupid. No?

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

But you don't like the shaming, was your implication. Unless I'm reading that wrong. You support players exercising their rights to be selfish and stupid. No?

You are correct. I am not a fan of shaming. That is different than telling you that you are not free to do so. 

18 hours ago, wppete said:

Completely agree, very well said. . Free will and free choice. Should be kept private if they choose to IMHO. 

Maybe, but when your fan base is spending tens of millions of dollars literally that day on tickets it would be nice know your stud qb isnt going to be missing games due to Covid.

I'm still surprised Josh wasnt one of the first team members to get vaccinated, he seems like a guy that would follow logic and science, team doctors advice etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

It’s neither selfish nor stupid for players to exercise their personal rights.

I expect the union to get involved in this, if they haven’t already.  It seems to me that some of the NFL’s rules regarding the different treatment of unvaccinated players may very well be subject to collective bargaining rather than unilateral league mandate, especially if the league’s rules have little medical justification. I’d say it’s a gray area.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

It’s neither selfish nor stupid for players to exercise their personal rights.

I expect the union to get involved in this, if they haven’t already.  It seems to me that some of the NFL’s rules regarding the different treatment of unvaccinated players may very well be subject to collective bargaining rather than unilateral league mandate, especially if the league’s rules have little medical justification. I’d say it’s a gray area.

Agree to strongly disagree.

6 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Maybe, but when your fan base is spending tens of millions of dollars literally that day on tickets it would be nice know your stud qb isnt going to be missing games due to Covid.

I'm still surprised Josh wasnt one of the first team members to get vaccinated, he seems like a guy that would follow logic and science, team doctors advice etc.

Yeah I was too. If it was a bet, I for sure would have bet Josh would have been one of the first also. Seems I would have lost that bet. Agree with your first statement also.....

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

The QB who recently talked about his eating habits, water drinking habits, sleep habits? The QB who modeled Uggs? The QB who once had a MAGA hat? The QB who once talked about how bad the hotels were in Buffalo? Who fathered a child with his girlfriend right before they broke up? I mean, he is good at this but he is not perfect in terms of avoiding non-football media attention.

Yes him. He talks health and football. That's it.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They're still testing for it because there's many players coming back that opted out with preexisting conditions that might be in serious trouble if they catch it from a teammate.  The same protocol of isolation would be in place if you test positive because of that.  You can still test positive for it (see the Yankees) but the vaccines are obviously extremely effective given the steep decline in cases across the country as a larger percentage of the population keeps getting vaccinated.   

Some of the incentives for vaccinated players is they won't be required to wear masks, only be tested once a week instead of daily, and can hang out with vaccinated teammates outside the confines of the stadium.  It's perfectly reasonable.

Those are all reasonable changes.  Another reasonable change would be vaccinated players and staff don't need to quarantine as a close contact of an infected individual.   Per the memo I linked above, those seem to be changes for vaccinated staff.

But have you actually seen the NFL or NFLPA come out and say those will be the policies?  Could you provide a link?

Well I hate to drain this thread but

1) Mitch has a strange wimd up for his throwing motion almost like a girls softball pitcher.

2) Josh new buddy te has great hands just smooth on his release and soft hands

3) I wonder why bees did not have his helmet on during practice.

4) wow d line battles will be huge this year wish I could see those in person.

5)it's weird how quick the wrs are getting out of there breaks to spot the ball from Josh.

How about that hap I tried

Chew chew

Go bills

• Awesome! (+1) 3

9 hours ago, wppete said:

I really don’t care if they get vaccinated or don’t. That is their personal choice and I support that. I think it will be interesting to see how this all plays out this year.  

Yes, it is their personal choice, but as I said...you sound kind of happy about the idea the Bills might hypothetically place themselves at a competitive disadvantage to, say, the Cheatriots or the Seasnakes or the Chiefs.  I mean, you seem to be kind of cheering for the news most players are currently exercising the "don't" option "freedom of choice is a wonderful thing".   Am I reading you wrong?  I mean, yes, in the abstract, it is, but when exercising it may place the football team I love at a potential competitive disadvantage relative to their competition, that's not how I personally choose to express myself.

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This thread has turned into a giant Facebook shaming fest. 

Do you even have a Facebook account to know what one of those looks like?

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

...and then shame them for those decisions

I mean, we shame them for their football play too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This thread has turned into a giant Facebook shaming fest. 

From the beginning, only one “side” of the “debate” has turned a simple public health measure into a battleground in the dead-end culture wars. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

I may have my head in the sand but I’m absolutely shocked that the first several pages of all of the board’s OTA press conference threads consist of COVID 19 vax discussions.  I’m really surprised at the lack of football discussion.  Please don’t interpret my post as a shot towards the posters or the discussion....I’m just honestly surprised that the vax is the dominant subject.

I think that it's a topic a lot of people feel strongly about one way or the other, so even when we're making a good faith effort to limit the scope to football strong personal feelings tend to come out.

I'm not liking all the talk referencing decisions to not be vaccinated as "selfish" and "stupid" and I just hid a post referring to people who get vaccinated or promote vaccination as "Brainwashed Communists" so, it's probably time to put this one to bed. 

I hope the NFL and NFLPA come out soon with protocols that vaccinated vs unvaccinated players will followbecause I think that might be an influencing factor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, it is their personal choice, but as I said...you sound kind of happy about the idea the Bills might hypothetically place themselves at a competitive disadvantage to, say, the Cheatriots or the Seasnakes or the Chiefs.  I mean, you seem to be kind of cheering for the news most players are currently exercising the "don't" option "freedom of choice is a wonderful thing".   Am I reading you wrong?  I mean, yes, in the abstract, it is, but when exercising it may place the football team I love at a potential competitive disadvantage relative to their competition, that's not how I personally choose to express myself.

Do you even have a Facebook account to know what one of those looks like?

I mean, we shame them for their football play too.

Get over it… It’s the players choice and if that what they choose if they choose to get vaccinated or not that is personal and they can choose to share that. We all have the freedom to choose. As for me I am fully vaccinated and that is my choice, whatever someone else does with their body is their choice. Pretty simple. 

Edited by wppete
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

Get over it… It’s the players choice and if that what they choose if they choose to get vaccinated or not that is personal and they can choose to share that. We all have the freedom to choose. As for me I am fully vaccinated and that is my choice, whatever someone else does with their body is their choice. Pretty simple. 

Congratulations, you got in before the lock, so you get the last word.   You didn't answer my question tho - I didn't ask about your personal vaccination status nor question the NFL/NFLPA decision to make vaccination a choice nor did I question the players right to not share their vaccination status.

I feel really bad about locking the JA presser thread but I just don't have time to baby sit it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1