Josh Allen OTAs press conference 5/25

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

just get ***** vaccinated already so we can move on 

I could be wrong, but I expect the Bills did a team meeting with the PR folks and agreed that everyone would decline to answer questions about their vaccination status and say that the team has had discussions about it.

So I think if he's vaccinated, you'll still get the same answer ("not going to disclose my status") and the same discussions.

Personally I think it's smart - if everyone gives the same stone-walling answer, the media will sooner or later "get the flick" and move on.

If one guy says yes or no, it will invite a whole bunch of follow-on questions.

I can be proven wrong the first time a Bills player answers differently.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I expect the Bills did a team meeting with the PR folks and agreed that everyone would decline to answer questions about their vaccination status and say that the team has had discussions about it.

So I think if he's vaccinated, you'll still get the same answer ("not going to disclose my status") and the same discussions.

Personally I think it's smart - if everyone gives the same stone-walling answer, the media will sooner or later "get the flick" and move on.

I want to agree with you but the media is going to pry until someone finally says yes or no.   That's their job. 

And even when it happens, unless McD comes out and says that everyone is, they are going to pick each player apart. 

Then, as controversial as it may be, I’d say withdraw all media commitments. The Euros are starting across Europe in due course yet the managers and players aren’t being consistently pestered about whether they’ve been vaccinated - the questions are sport based. Whether it’s Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley - they’re there to try and win a Super Bowl, not br a social conscience.

I think vaccinations are important but McDermott is right - lecturing and nagging will get nowhere in convincing those who have understandable doubts about getting it. Nor will asking the same question at every opportunity.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Media just wants click sound bites, love the teams reaction to keep it internal and not give them what they want.  

Our media in our society is just obnoxious at all times.  

It's a legitimate question as I don't want Josh or other key players catching Covid going into the playoffs or any time during the season.  They're just doing their jobs.

If Josh is vaccinated please do the shot in his left arm.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's a legitimate question as I don't want Josh or other key players catching Covid going into the playoffs or any time during the season.  They're just doing their jobs.

It’s a legit question but if the answer is “team has had discussions, not gonna disclose my status, keeping discussions in-house” and they keep asking in different ways, it becomes obnoxious

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Makes sense. I like that reasoning.

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It’s a legit question but if the answer is “team has had discussions, not gonna disclose my status, keeping discussions in-house” and they keep asking in different ways, it becomes obnoxious

True.  McDermott could tell the media that he instructed them to say that for now if he really wants to squash the vaccine questions.

11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm going to mind my own business.  I don't give 2 ***** if you are vaccinated or not to be honest. I also find it comical that a bunch of people,, arguing either way,, will throw themselves through tables for fun.Go Bills

Best comment on this thread!!! 🥇 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ok fine but you can still get it.  

You can still test positive for it.  

The question they should be asking is what happens when you test positive  - first of all who are we even testing and why?  

What are the protocols? 

My guess is these guys haven't heard yet that a vaccine gives them their normal routine / life back so why am I getting it?  

28 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

But sense I enjoy seeing people freak out, chew on this...

This wouldn’t t surprise me one bit. It wouldn’t surprise me if these are similar numbers across the league. Freedom of choice is very powerful. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Process said:

While I do have a strong opinion about anti vaxers that I am not going to share here to keep this civil, I am just thrilled he did not bring up the constitution this time.

To be clear .. many people are pro-vaccine in general (thank goodness for the polio vaccine) but uncertain about one that was done in record time .. by a country mile.  

Unless someone has a physical injury that can impact a game it is nobody’s business as to the person’s healthcare. Why not ask which of his teammates has STDs inquiring minds want to know. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ok fine but you can still get it.  

You can still test positive for it.  

The question they should be asking is what happens when you test positive  - first of all who are we even testing and why?  

What are the protocols? 

My guess is these guys haven't heard yet that a vaccine gives them their normal routine / life back so why am I getting it?  

They're still testing for it because there's many players coming back that opted out with preexisting conditions that might be in serious trouble if they catch it from a teammate.  The same protocol of isolation would be in place if you test positive because of that.  You can still test positive for it (see the Yankees) but the vaccines are obviously extremely effective given the steep decline in cases across the country as a larger percentage of the population keeps getting vaccinated.   

Some of the incentives for vaccinated players is they won't be required to wear masks, only be tested once a week instead of daily, and can hang out with vaccinated teammates outside the confines of the stadium.  It's perfectly reasonable.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First of all, if something is a choice, you can’t frame it as “good for yes, bad for no”.  

Woah.  Choosing to obey the law, for example not committing murder or not discriminating, is also a personal choice.  So if you choose to commit murder or choose to discriminate, you can't frame it as bad? 

Wow.  Moral relativism sucks.

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Woah.  Choosing to obey the law, for example not committing murder or not discriminating, is also a personal choice.  So if you choose to commit murder or choose to discriminate, you can't frame it as bad? 

I’m sure this is the point Hapless was making...

Eyeroll times a billion.

@Hapless Bills Fan man what has gotten into us today???

28 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Most people don't frame "murder" as a choice.  It's against the law basically, everywhere.

I suppose you can frame it as a "choice" in that "yes, it's against the law and a moral wrong, but I can decide whether or not I'm going to break the law and commit a moral wrong" but that's really a bit sophistical in this instance, isn't it?

The NFL has said vaccination is not mandatory; it is something the players can choose.  It isn't the law to get vaccinated right now.  I don't think my opinions are a secret around here, but those are my opinions, they have neither the force of law nor team mandate for the players.  It's a choice.

For most people, a choice means something that is legal and freely available to them. 

Comparing this to a "choice" to commit murder or otherwise break the law and then bringing in "moral relativism" on a football discussion board is just bizarre.

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

But sense I enjoy seeing people freak out, chew on this...

It's going to place the Bills at a serious competitive disadvantage unless the players basically agree to live the cloistered, restricted existance they led last season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1