Josh Allen OTAs press conference 5/25

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why arent those players who are publicly questioning it seen as bad team mates as Josh would be for saying he is vaccinated? Arent they throwing the vaccinated players under the bus? The same players who are doing the minimal needed to ensure team activities and player safety?

Josh, and/or anyone else, should be countering that with the example and influence to get vaccinated. Even more so publicly, on the off chance they influence some fans and help us get back to normal attendance quicker.

What could the dynamics inside the team be that would prevent him from confirming he's vaccinated just like McD did? He's going to hurt an anti-vaxxers feelings? Is that really where we are with this crap?

So he is placating bad team mates. How is that being a good leader?

First of all, if something is a choice, you can’t frame it as “good for yes, bad for no”.  No teammate threw those who opted out under the bus last year, that I heard.  That would make the bus throwers bad teammates

Second, it’s not a matter of hurting feelings, but Beasley got taken apart on Twitter.  If everyone who gets vaxxed says so, while those who don’t take the 5th, it’s gonna put a target on the latter publicly.

We all know where I stand on vaccination but I can still see this point

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They are by definition bad team mates if they are putting their pErSoNaL cHoIcE above ensuring the team can resume normal activities AND putting other players at health risk. They are putting themselves ahead of what is best for the team. Therefore, bad team mates.

That’s your opinion. Not necessarily theirs. They don’t care what you think. 

Josh isn’t giving this presser wondering how you are going to react. He doesn’t care. You don’t have any idea about the locker room dynamic. For all we know, they are mostly in agreement it’s a personal choice and Josh isn’t coming strongly about it so:

A. People like you don’t make it a distraction

B: No one on the team feels alienated

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

For all the talk about Allen's answer about the vaccine, we all know it isn't his answer, right? This is the answer pre-fed to him by the media relations team. They knew the question was coming and he probably rehearsed his answer several times.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

For all the talk about Allen's answer, we all know it isn't his answer right? This is the answer pre-fed to him by the media relations team. They knee the question was coming and he probably rehearsed his answer several times.

I'm fine with his answer. It's more well-put than his answer a few months ago.

But I don't believe it's pre-fed, or else McDermott would've given a similar answer.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

For all the talk about Allen's answer about the vaccine, we all know it isn't his answer, right? This is the answer pre-fed to him by the media relations team. They knew the question was coming and he probably rehearsed his answer several times.

Not sure about that.. the coach gave a totally different answer. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First of all, if something is a choice, you can’t frame it as “good for yes, bad for no”.

Yes you can. We all make choices every day where there is a good or bad option.

Second, it’s not a matter of hurting feelings, but Beasley got taken apart on Twitter.  If everyone who gets vaxxed says so, while those who don’t take the 5th, it’s gonna put a target on the latter publicly.

Choices have consequences. Choose to get the vaccine and maybe deal with some perceived consequence of 5G chips or something. Choose not to get the vaccine and get ostracized for not caring about public health.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

For all the talk about Allen's answer about the vaccine, we all know it isn't his answer right? This is the answer pre-fed to him by the media relations team. They knee the question was coming and he probably rehearsed his answer several times.

Nah, it's pretty much his answer. Maybe PR helped him craft what he should say, but if he were vaccinated, he would say it like the rest of team leadership.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Oh no! Doesn’t Tremaine know that Poyer is a bad teammate and he should be eviscerating people who don’t get vaccinated? Poor leadership strikes again.

Looks like we're seeing why McD went so far as to say he is concerned with our team vax rate and what it will mean for activities.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes you can. We all make choices every day where there is a good or bad option.

Choices have consequences. Choose to get the vaccine and maybe deal with some perceived consequence of 5G chips or something. Choose not to get the vaccine and get ostracized for not caring about public health.

Nah, it's pretty much his answer. Maybe PR helped him craft what he should say, but if he were vaccinated, he would say it like the rest of team leadership.

Looks like we're seeing why McD went so far as to say he is concerned with our team vax rate and what it will mean for activities.

Choices have consequences but they wouldn’t be choices if you didn’t let people make bad ones.

Consider me unconcerned.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why arent those players who are publicly questioning it seen as bad team mates as Josh would be for saying he is vaccinated? Arent they throwing the vaccinated players under the bus? The same players who are doing the minimal needed to ensure team activities and player safety?

This is a guess, but my take would be we won’t see any Bills players publically questioning vaccination either.

I think they’ve made a decision as a team not to speak publically about vaccination, just like they made a decision as a team to stay in the locker room for the National Anthem.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

Was that Wawrow or did his doppelgänger Greggggg Williams blackjack him to butcher the same stupid question that had already been asked, twice more? The urge to beat him with a stick felt similar to Gregggggggggg.

Edit: I also learned a new journalism word, “comfortability.”  I’ll have to see if I can use it in a sentence with “wessonality.”

Edited by Ralonzo

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm fine with his answer. It's more well-put than his answer a few months ago.

But I don't believe it's pre-fed, or else McDermott would've given a similar answer.

No, different situation.  NFL put the screws on coaches and FO people - they MUST be vaxxed for player contact.  

So if Beane & McDermott are having player contact, they’re vaxxed.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, 716er said:

Not sure about that.. the coach gave a totally different answer. 

Edmunds just gave the same answer. The Bills media operation is too good to let players answer these questions on their own. McDermott gave the coach answer and I'm sure he cleared it with the team too.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Edmunds just gave the same answer. The Bills media operation is too good to let players answer these questions on their own. McDermott gave the coach answer and I'm sure he cleared it with the team too.

Could be.

Or the leader on offense and defense (Josh & Tremaine) got together and decided on the same answer.

Not sure how their vax statuses will stay "private" though as the league will continue to relax protocols for vaxxed players and IMO it could eventually become obvious who is and is not vaxxed. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, different situation.  NFL put the screws on coaches and FO people - they MUST be vaxxed for player contact.  

So if Beane & McDermott are having player contact, they’re vaxxed.

Coach-player contact vs player-player contact?

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well good, because his answer the first time with Brandt was a **** show. 

His response today was fine, stick with it and it will eventually be a non story. 

• Like (+1) 2