Josh Allen OTAs press conference 5/25

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Except we all know that "not answering" IS in fact answering that you havent been vaccinated yet. Otherwise, he, like McD and the Pegulas and everyone else, would just come out and say he has been vaccinated because it isnt a big deal to those of us who get vaccinated.

It's like "pleading the 5th". Sure, you havent technically answered, but we all know what that means.

This was my first thought until I let it settle in a little more. 

The team has players publicly questioning getting vaccinated. Perhaps Josh doesn't want to throw those players under the bus and wants to keep those convos in house.

I wouldn't read into Josh's answer at all as to clueing us in on whether or not Josh is specifically vaxxed. 

Edited by 716er
  • Agree 7

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Except we all know that "not answering" IS in fact answering that you havent been vaccinated yet. Otherwise, he, like McD and the Pegulas and everyone else, would just come out and say he has been vaccinated because it isnt a big deal to those of us who get vaccinated.

It's like "pleading the 5th". Sure, you havent technically answered, but we all know what that means.

I’m not a media figure but if I were, I’d make a point of answering “nunya bizness ” to keep from singling out my teammates who hadn’t been

Im just a private goof and happy to say I’m vaxxed, but I can see that point

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

It's social media, isn't the default always negative?

Im not aware of that convention.  Must not be enough of a social media maven myself

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Feel free to research and report back.

IMHO McDermott is 100% right not to answer about specific players and it’s 100% Josh’s right to not answer for himself.

16 minutes ago, 716er said:

Are other QBs/team leaders around the NFL are handling this in the same way or are they more open about their status?

100%

Chiefs Media doesn’t need to ask Patty Mahomes.  Vaccinated since April.

but like he says, ‘it’s a personal decision.’

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-chiefs-quarterback-patrick-mahomes-says-hes-taken-the-covid-19-vaccine-to-protect-daughter-sterling-skye/36165818#

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Interpreting an answer from an in-person press conference is social media now?

Still not following.

The medium in which the reaction is coming (here) is considered social media, so yes

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m not a media figure but if I were, I’d make a point of answering “nunya bizness ” to keep from singling out my teammates who hadn’t been

Weak leadership by Josh on this. Especially when you have team activities at stake. Not to mention, you know, public health.

He should be leading by example on this one like Wilson and Mahommes.

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The medium in which the reaction is coming (here) is considered social media, so yes

Ah, I see.

There is big debate about whether or not old school message board posting is social media. Probably fit for another thread OTW, so I wont get into it here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 5

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Weak leadership by Josh on this. Especially when you have team activities at stake. Not to mention, you know, public health.

I can’t call it weak leadership because I don’t know the dynamics inside the team

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ah, I see.

There is big debate about whether or not old school message board posting is social media. Probably fit for another thread OTW, so I wont get into it here.

Maybe Josh is trying to be a leader for his team, several of whom are not fully on board with vaccination, by playing mum. 

He’s a QB for the Bills. He isn’t your leader.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, 716er said:

This was my first thought until I let it settle in a little more. 

The team has players publicly questioning getting vaccinated. Perhaps Josh doesn't want to throw those players under the bus and wants to keep those convos in house.

I wouldn't read into Josh's answer at all as to clueing us in on whether or not Josh is specifically vaxxed. 

Why arent those players who are publicly questioning it seen as bad team mates as Josh would be for saying he is vaccinated? Arent they throwing the vaccinated players under the bus? The same players who are doing the minimal needed to ensure team activities and player safety?

Josh, and/or anyone else, should be countering that with the example and influence to get vaccinated. Even more so publicly, on the off chance they influence some fans and help us get back to normal attendance quicker.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can’t call it weak leadership because I don’t know the dynamics inside the team

What could the dynamics inside the team be that would prevent him from confirming he's vaccinated just like McD did? He's going to hurt an anti-vaxxers feelings? Is that really where we are with this crap?

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Maybe Josh is trying to be a leader for his team, several of whom are not fully on board with vaccination, by playing mum. 

He’s a QB for the Bills. He isn’t your leader.

So he is placating bad team mates. How is that being a good leader?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why arent those players who are publicly questioning it seen as bad team mates as Josh would be for saying he is vaccinated? Arent they throwing the vaccinated players under the bus? The same players who are doing the minimal needed to ensure team activities and player safety?

Josh, and/or anyone else, should be countering that with the example and influence to get vaccinated. Even more so publicly, on the off chance they influence some fans and help us get back to normal attendance quicker.

What could the dynamics inside the team be that would prevent him from confirming he's vaccinated just like McD did? He's going to hurt an anti-vaxxers feelings? Is that really where we are with this crap?

So he is placating bad team mates. How is that being a good leader?

YOU think they’re bad. 

Maybe the Bills don’t think Beasley and Poyer are bad. Josh definitely doesn’t think Beasley is bad.

Josh doesn’t care what you think. He’s not your leader.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

There is evidence that one of his more prominent receivers is skeptical. He could be providing cover. Or, he could be expressing his own ambivalence/hesitancy. Impossible to say right now. The whole binary "two sides" fallacy we cling to in this country gives cover to a lot of people for a lot of things. 

Hopefully the players all come around in time and don't miss games unnecessarily.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why arent those players who are publicly questioning it seen as bad team mates as Josh would be for saying he is vaccinated? Arent they throwing the vaccinated players under the bus? 

No doubt about it. But not sure we can talk about that here - don't want to get too into the weeds in this thread

Edited by 716er

Just now, FireChans said:

YOU think their bad. 

Maybe the Bills don’t think Beasley and Poyer are bad. Josh definitely doesn’t think Beasley is bad.

Josh doesn’t care what you think. He’s not your leader.

They are by definition bad team mates if they are putting their pErSoNaL cHoIcE above ensuring the team can resume normal activities AND putting other players at health risk. They are putting themselves ahead of what is best for the team. Therefore, bad team mates.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 7

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I wish they could just talk football and not have to dance all around questions they know Josh won't allow himself to be baited into. 

Josh brought it on himself. It's what the media does. I said back when he said that he'll have to deal with it all camp.