Bills announce season tickets are sold out

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

"Is this thing on? Because it's about to be!"

I was ready to run through a freakin wall when he said that. I thought that was it, man. Rex freakin Ryan. The exact opposite of Dick Jauron. Obviously we all know very well how that turned out..

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I was ready to run through a freakin wall when he said that. I thought that was it, man. Rex freakin Ryan. The exact opposite of Dick Jauron. Obviously we all know very well how that turned out..

Yeah, I hear ya.

Picturing what "the great Rex Ryan" (lol) was going to do with our already loaded defensive roster, not to mention such offensive studs as LeSean McCoy, Charles Clay, Sammy Watkins, Cordy Glenn....I just knew we were about to return to glory. Then Rex went and had the photo shoot at the Big Tree Inn with Jim Kelly and the whole bit. Fuhgettaboutit! I was totally sold.

It didn't take long into Rex's first season to see what a disorganized shitshow the team had become, or to see that he had ruined the defense. You can SEE the effects of bad coaching in how the players play. It was very evident under Rex Ryan. 

Conversely, to go from that cluster%$&* to Sean McDermott -- it was like night and day. You could see in game one under Sean McDermott that good coaching and attention to detail had returned. It's been all uphill since then. Thank God.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

It didn't take long into Rex's first season to see what a disorganized shitshow the team had become, or to see that he had ruined the defense. You can SEE the effects of bad coaching in how the players play. It was very evident under Rex Ryan. 

Conversely, to go from that cluster%$&* to Sean McDermott -- it was like night and day. You could see in game one under Sean McDermott that good coaching and attention to detail had returned. It's been all uphill since then. Thank God.

Then they beat the Colts on opening day if I remember correct setting them up for the Patriots at home and they went to schitz

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, I hear ya.

Picturing what "the great Rex Ryan" (lol) was going to do with our already loaded defensive roster, not to mention such offensive studs as LeSean McCoy, Charles Clay, Sammy Watkins, Cordy Glenn....I just knew we were about to return to glory. Then Rex went and had the photo shoot at the Big Tree Inn with Jim Kelly and the whole bit. Fuhgettaboutit! I was totally sold.

Uphill like...having to sprint up it with ankle weights?  Ew.

I think Sean McD installed a ski lift in the practice facility.

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I believe the comeback game wasn't sold out. I think that one had about 75,000 which was a great crowd. A small market team shouldn't have a stadium that big but Bills fans still did a great job filling it. I think the 73,000 we have now is a nice number for the market size.

The comeback didn't sell out in part because the Oilers beat us in the season finale in Houston just before the playoff game and of course all of the injuries that mounted up especially with Kelly out of the game, Yet I still remember listening to the game on my parents stereo, turning it off just after the pick 6 to start the second half. I turned it on later and think it was just before/after Reed's 2nd TD. Somehow my dad or someone (as had some aunt's over) turned the tv and NBC ended up showing the ending to us in Buffalo even though as you said the game was blacked out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wonder how many go to fans and how many go to investors who are just going to sell them

Why can't it be both? I'm a fan but I live 500 miles away. I get to 3-5 games. And I've had my seats since 2003. Hardly the golden age of Bills football.

I bought my seats because at the time there was a real fear the franchise would move. I wanted to do my part to keep season ticket numbers up.  As it turned out if I sold the hot games it would cover my ticket renewal and let me see a few games.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why can't it be both? I'm a fan but I live 500 miles away. I get to 3-5 games. And I've had my seats since 2003. Hardly the golden age of Bills football.

I bought my seats because at the time there was a real fear the franchise would move. I wanted to do my part to keep season ticket numbers up.  As it turned out if I sold the hot games it would cover my ticket renewal and let me see a few games.

Pretty much the same here, long drive (453 miles door to door) I usually sell a two or three, attend 2-3 and gift/donate 2-3 each season. Took over from my Dad since he was frustrated and refused to keep supporting them during the dark days, I split it with him because I couldn't stand to see them move. Probably break even or small loss per year and I get a few games. This year I plan on going to most if not all of the games as I am retired and have time to do the drive ( wife isn't too happy about that). 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I did the same in the 90's when I lived in Ohio.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wonder how many go to fans and how many go to investors who are just going to sell them

When I tried to buy some they told me only people living in WNY were eligible to purchase season tix. 

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

A few years ago a friend asked me if its a good investment to buy seasons and sell them (I believe marrone was the HC at the time) I laughed and said absolutely not. Now, I think they would be 

Bitcoin and Bills tickets - two of the most volatile investments out there...

We're currently in a Bull Bills Market!!   :beer:

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If you are a season ticket holder, you are part of a 'neighborhood'. If you have to sell your tickets, please sell them to Bills fans, only.

He wears Bills colors with red sweater and blue tie.  Ticket scalpers are more like Ferengi with worse ethics.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

When I tried to buy some they told me only people living in WNY were eligible to purchase season tix. 

Had the same thing happen to me after McD's first year.  I tried to surprise my brother who lives in Orchard Park.  After I was denied, I called my brother up, told him the situation and he bought us season tickets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Yeah. At first I couldn't believe the Bills selected that clown to be HC. And then, he instantly won me over with his brash antics and no excuse bravado. In hockey, successive coaches have to be opposite characters almost. So I thought after all the boring bland HC, that Rex would be the perfect counterpoint, to finally jolt the Bills in dropping the loser mindset that had plagued the team the last years. Too bad he was so bad at preparation and actual coaching ha ha. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If you are a season ticket holder, you are part of a 'neighborhood'. If you have to sell your tickets, please sell them to Bills fans, only.

You can't control who buys your seats