Bills announce season tickets are sold out

Man o man o even in the glory days of the early 90's I do not remember them selling out of the season tixys.....git on the wagon indeed!!!  I'm sure they did but I had tixs then so I didn't really pay attention.....

Edited by Kwai San

Didn't they cap them at 60,000 a few years ago and kept the rest open for individual ticket sales. Anyway no surprise. Team is primed for a great season so the demand for tickets was going to be high. Add the fact that it will be 2 years since fans have been in the stadium so they missed going to games. I know I did last year.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

this ever happen before??

The year Rex Ryan was hired, season tickets sold out in record time (at that time).  I'm not sure if this season beat that record or not.

EDIT:  I stand corrected.  The record was the number; not the speed.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-set-franchise-record-for-season-ticket-sales-15406208

Edited by Gugny
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

A few years ago a friend asked me if its a good investment to buy seasons and sell them (I believe marrone was the HC at the time) I laughed and said absolutely not. Now, I think they would be 

Even in the worst years you could get close to break even on Bills tickets.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even in the worst years you could get close to break even on Bills tickets.

That was true for a very long time but not in the last couple years before the McDermott era.  It was starting to get to be very hard to sell tickets

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

A few years ago a friend asked me if its a good investment to buy seasons and sell them (I believe marrone was the HC at the time) I laughed and said absolutely not. Now, I think they would be 

It depends on where your seats were. If they were excellent seats (i.e. lower level between 35 and 50), there was always a market.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Man o man o even in the glory days of the early 90's I do not remember them selling out of the season tixys.....git on the wagon indeed!!!  I'm sure they did but I had tixs then so I didn't really pay attention.....

Back in the 90s, the stadium also sat 80,000 people making sellouts very challenging..

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Back in the 90s, the stadium also sat 80,000 people making sellouts very challenging..

I believe the comeback game wasn't sold out. I think that one had about 75,000 which was a great crowd. A small market team shouldn't have a stadium that big but Bills fans still did a great job filling it. I think the 73,000 we have now is a nice number for the market size.