Sean McDermott OTAs press conference 5/25

It’d be a bit ironic if opt outs were also anti-vaxxers. Wonder if Star has gotten his shots. It’ll be most interesting to see how he reports to the first mandatory camp. He wasn’t a fat dude, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he shows up south of 300#. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t work out diligently during his break.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes he’s there

Cool beans.

Maybe it’s me and my middle class brain/income but this would absolutely drive me bonkers in my SO. Paying to send my GF on 2 very expensive international vacations in a matter of 4 weeks without bringing in much/any independent income would drive me up a wall. Then again, I don’t make NFL money. 

Probably a conversation for a different thread. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I say cut Star and Addison. Use that money and trade for Julio Jones. Try to get Short and Geno Atkins on one year deals. Julio said he wants to win on a team with a good QB. Rework his contract with upfront money. Boogie/Groot/DJ can take Addison reps. 

I like your thinking here.....sadly not doable but I still would love to see it happens and money fall from trees

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

Star is shaping up to be partners with Kelvin B in my least liked Bills category.  Youve had a year to do stuff on your own, time to get in and let coaching determine where youre at and what youve been doing to take care of yourself the last year.  guess the nflpa hasnt done much to help things either though with what just happened to that guy out of DEN.  still very frustrating

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Disappointing that Star and Diggs didn't show up. Especially Star.

Why it is  voluntary OTA...and these are seasoned veterans.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes. Star was the only guy missing from the lineup from 2019 defense... never mind the losses of Shaq, Jordan Philips, and Alexander.

They also played a much tougher schedule in 2020.

The DL without Star was manhandled by a  top level chiefs OL in the AFC Championship game.  If you want to get to the SB then you got to better 

* at taking down Mahomes 

* giving time for Allen 

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Diggs has got the drive, im not worried aboiut him sitting on the couch plowing ho hos.  Star hasnt exactly been a shining example of wanting it.  Does anyone think hes going to come back looking like he did before last year?  I suspect too fat or too light and in poor conditioning. Weaker.  DTs arent pretty infamous for their body composition going to hell after time off like that

• Like (+1) 1

Star needs to be healthy and ready in September. Your concern about him not being there today is more about you than him. I’m sure they have a plan to have Star ready. I don’t see any urgency from the Bills FO. But you want to chastise him having no clue of the variables involved 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The DL without Star was manhandled by a  top level chiefs OL in the AFC Championship game.  If you want to get to the SB then you got to better 

* at taking down Mahomes 

* giving time for Allen 

If I remember correctly, teams RBs were still gashing the Bills with Star

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes. Star was the only guy missing from the lineup from 2019 defense... never mind the losses of Shaq, Jordan Philips, and Alexander.

They also played a much tougher schedule in 2020.

McDermott specifically stated that he felt the defense really missed having a true, effective 1T on the D-line last year. It showed.

It's okay, though, we don't need to go through this whole song and dance. I already know how you feel about Star. No need to re-hash.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If I remember correctly, teams RBs were still gashing the Bills with Star

In 2019, the Bills gave up 4.3 ypc, which was 14th in the league

In 2020, the Bills have up 4.6 ypc, which was 26th in the league

Pretty significant difference.

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

What sn odd thing to say. What's your reasoning behind this?

A lot of people have asked, and a lot of people are probably eager to be defensive about it. I didn't mean it to be inflammatory. I think it's a factual statement. Look at the polling on which groups are least likely to get the vaccine, and then think about the characteristics of many of the players McBeane bring in. Obviously not all members of a given group will behave in the same manner as the majority of the group overall, but trends are trends and are not meaningless. That's as specific as I'll get.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

A lot of people have asked, and a lot of people are probably eager to be defensive about it. I didn't mean it to be inflammatory. I think it's a factual statement. Look at the polling on which groups are least likely to get the vaccine, and then think about the characteristics of many of the players McBeane bring in. Obviously not all members of a given group will behave in the same manner as the majority of the group overall, but trends are trends and are not meaningless. That's as specific as I'll get.

Nba Playoffs Reaction GIF by NBA

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Is Josh at OTA’s? His GF posted on Instagram about being at the Monaco Grand Prix, so I assumed Josh was with her not realizing OTA’s were the very next day. That would be a wild turnaround if he was. Or a wild expense to send your GF for the weekend with her friends and not go too. 

He is at OTAs.  If you look at the date of the post it was a couple years back

She also recently posted photos of a trip to Mexico that was a few weeks ago.  But he sent his GF and 2 friends and I think someone said it was a pretty expensive place

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is at OTAs.  If you look at the date of the post it was a couple years back

She also recently posted photos of a trip to Mexico that was a few weeks ago

Right. I took it as her being there. I thought the caption was something along the lines of “it is good to finally be back” on the same day as racing.

Also, I really like Hamilton, but it was good to see Mercedes lose. They’re dominance is getting annoying. Bottas keeps getting the shaft though. 

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right. I took it as her being there. I thought the caption was something along the lines of “it is good to finally be back” on the same day as racing.

Also, I really like Hamilton, but it was good to see Mercedes lose. They’re dominance is getting annoying. Bottas keeps getting the shaft though. 

Nah, I don’t think so.  They just got a puppy.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Just read that it would cost $4.2M more to cut than keep.  Not sure if correct.

Thats the pre-June 1 number.  So yes if we cut him today it would cost money.  I just used the post June 1 number cause of the date.  Good catch.