Find someone to hate you like Brooks Koepka hates Bryson DeChambeau

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Ahhh, the classic "respect for the game"

Also, Brooks was nothing but class playing with Mickelson, even after he rubbed him the wrong way when Brooks was a kid.  Those feelings just don't go away and Brooks put it aside to be nothing but a great competitor on Sunday, even after Phil should have been docked for slow play plenty of times on Sunday.  No to mention that the security lost complete control of the crowd.  How is that Brooks fault?

I'm curious how many interviews you actually listened to from Brooks.  From your response, it sounds like zero, which I don't understand how you have a strong opinion if you really don't know.

I am not sure how you can infer I have listened to zero interviews of Brooks. I have listened to a bunch and read a bunch of his interviews.  Even your comment above about how Michelson “rubbed Brooks the wrong way” when he was kid— everyone seems to rub Brooks the wrong way. 

there’s no doubt that he is a good golfer. But I just find him petty and annoying, and I prefer to root for other more likeable players. This isn’t really about Bryson either, who has his own issues. 

23 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not sure I agree with you, including “he doesn’t take it seriously.” This is a guy that talks trash about others, plays no practice rounds with any of the other guys, and has literally zero friends on the tour. He has a bunch of petty feuds and makes whiny or passive aggressive comments all the time —eg,  he couldn’t even show some class towards Mickleson, instead exaggerating a story about fans trying to take his knee out. Give me a break. 

he is exactly the type of annoying guy too that you would find on the golf course playing speed golf on people’s backs, and constantly griping and complaining about the small stuff. 

I just find it to be boorish behavior.
Shows almost no respect for the other guys or the game. I will take Rory or Dustin or a bunch of the other young guys over him— guys who have personalities, have fun, get along with others, and show respect for the game and for each other.

Dustin who was blasting lines on the course?  

Don't make the Tiger mistake and buy into the carefully managed public personas these guys cultivate.  You don't know them.  They are not the refined gentleman you desperately want them to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.