Find someone to hate you like Brooks Koepka hates Bryson DeChambeau

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, Irv said:

What's his beef with the guy?

Rivalry goes back awhile. Bryson might be the most punchable guy in sports. 

Koepka: “I felt it difficult to read sometimes”

Bryson: “Just gotta start it on the right line”

Brooks: (deep sigh) 🙄

Edited by YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Find someone to hate you like Brooks Koepka hates Bryson DeChambeau
45 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I’m on the other side of this one. Hate Bryson.

I can see why people hate Bryson. But Koepka is an even bigger DB in my book, especially with him throwing shade at Dustin Johnson. 

the reality is that golf has a lot of very good likeable young players— and these “bros” like Koepka and Bryson are not among them. 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

What's his beef with the guy?

It goes back a couple of years. Brooks was extremely vocal about Bryson's slow play and it's morphed from there. Brooks has also accused Bryson of taking steroids. Brooks is definitely more vocal (publicly)between the two. 

I originally thought Brooks was a jerk for calling out Bryson. Bryson's act has grown tiring and I'm not much of a Brooks fan. He has his own quirks that I find annoying (only seemingly trying to win majors and not caring about the lesser tournaments). But this is something golf needs...a good rivalry between two top players. 

3 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

It goes back a couple of years. Brooks was extremely vocal about Bryson's slow play and it's morphed from there. Brooks has also accused Bryson of taking steroids. Brooks is definitely more vocal (publicly)between the two. 

I originally thought Brooks was a jerk for calling out Bryson. Bryson's act has grown tiring and I'm not much of a Brooks fan. He has his own quirks that I find annoying (only seemingly trying to win majors and not caring about the lesser tournaments). But this is something golf needs...a good rivalry between two top players. 

I will say that what I sort of like about Bryson is he has a method to his madness, and is trying to do something revolutionary and unique--which is great for golf. 

5 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

I agree. I only casually follow golf. I may stop if it's on while flipping through channels, but this could peak my interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I agree. I only casually follow golf. I may stop if it's on while flipping through channels, but this could peak my interest. 

Exactly! I was thinking this might even be good for golf.  It’s all so “gentlemanly”, and a little emotion like this could make it more interesting and relatable. 

They are both arrogant pricks but Bryson takes it to a whole other level. He's slow to the point of maddening. I found this little gem from last year regarding Bryson and his metal spikes. Jon Rahm is 👍

https://clubhouse.swingu.com/tour/jon-rahm-profanity-laced-tirade-missed-putt-metal-spikes-sentry-tournament-of-champions/

Edited by flaz

47 minutes ago, flaz said:

They are both arrogant pricks but Bryson takes it to a whole other level. He's slow to the point of maddening. I found this little gem from last year regarding Bryson and his metal spikes. Jon Rahm is 👍

https://clubhouse.swingu.com/tour/jon-rahm-profanity-laced-tirade-missed-putt-metal-spikes-sentry-tournament-of-champions/

Didnt he try to use a compass at one point 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, flaz said:

It's ridiculous that there are still tour pros trotting around with metal spikes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.