4 analysts at NFL.com predict Bills, McDermott most likely coach to win his first SB

34 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season-which-head-coach-has-the-best-chance-to-win-his-first-super-bowl

Joe Thomas, Marc Ross, Nick Shook, and Gil Brandt all say McDermott has the team to win it all. If any coach is going to get his first SB in 2021- it’s ours.

We have come a long way, my friends. I hope they’re right.

2021, here we come. Just one before we die!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

This team performed great when they were the hunters...it'll be interesting to see how they respond to being the hunted now.

I honestly forgot what it was like to be anything but an underdog. We still are in some ways, but this feels like new territory to me. We aren’t an afterthought for the first time in a long time

5 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

This team performed great when they were the hunters...it'll be interesting to see how they respond to being the hunted now.

Belichick is probably spending a good portion of the offseason trying to figure out how to beat this Bills team. You are right in that there will be no flying under the radar this season.

It’s a fun spot and I could care less about Belicheat.  Until he finds a sound QB, as Cam is done, Sridharan is worthless, amd the new kid will take forever to get up to speed.  We’ll sweep them again, but will be a little closer than the beat down we put on them in round 2 last year.  The first game was only close due 45 mph winds.

All this National media love for the Bills after all these years has left me frazzled and anxious. 

If PFF starts supporting the Bills I might need medication. 

Edited by DJB

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Belichick is probably spending a good portion of the offseason trying to figure out how to beat this Bills team. You are right in that there will be no flying under the radar this season.

Beat us without Director of Spying who has retired.

Some have said he is brains of organization.

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I honestly forgot what it was like to be anything but an underdog. We still are in some ways, but this feels like new territory to me. We aren’t an afterthought for the first time in a long time

Not an afterthought at all though the one thing that I keep hearing or seeing is "but....."

I get it though.  We have let games get away and haven't beat mahomes and Brady is no longer in our division so that's what they are going to hang their hats on until it happens.  I can live with that since we are actually a good team and might be on the way to being a great team.

I'll feel better after the Bills win a playoff game in a convincing fashion.  Both the playoff wins last year were close, tight games, and Josh Allen didn't play his best.  And of course the year before that, Houston. 

There is no reason the Bills can't dominate a playoff game, but I really want to see that happen before I'm convinced they're SB-win caliber.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

I'll feel better after the Bills win a playoff game in a convincing fashion.  Both the playoff wins last year were close, tight games, and Josh Allen didn't play his best.  And of course the year before that, Houston. 

There is no reason the Bills can't dominate a playoff game, but I really want to see that happen before I'm convinced they're SB-win caliber.

How many playoff wins are "convincing"? Most are close. The Bills beat the Ravens by 14 points that is a pretty "convincing" playoff margin.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I agree with the pundits- I think this is the year. I think we have a 14 win season. The offense won't be as productive on passing, but the run game will be improved and it will still be a scoring machine. The difference is that the defense returns to top form so that we have a top 5 unit on both sides. The Bills will play either Tampa or the Rams for the Super Bowl and win. Favorite or underdog, it doesn't matter- they will be laser focused all year and will be all business til the job gets done. 

I thought we were hunted last year.  Most were picking us to win the division before the season.  Once the season started we lead the division wire to wire so they were hunting us when it got to the second time we played them.  So while its even more apparent this year, I think this team is more than ready to handle being the hunted.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

How many playoff wins are "convincing"? Most are close. The Bills beat the Ravens by 14 points that is a pretty "convincing" playoff margin.

When Taron Johnson did his amazing pick six against the Ravens, it was early in the second half, and the Ravens had just marched down the field.  They were trailing 10-3 and were in position to tie the game.  Johnson's play broke the game open. Our defense did a great job containing Lamar Jackson.  But, our offense was not operating at normal efficiency.  Take away Johnson's heads-up move to fill a passing lane, and the Ravens score on that play instead of the Bills, and who knows where things would go after that.  

And against the Colts, again, the offense looked like a car that needs high octane gas, trying to run on regular.  It just wasn't really clicking.  Maybe it's the play calling, where Daboll and McD chose to get conservative to avoid the Big Mistake, maybe it was Josh Allen not playing like he normally does.   But this is what I'm talking about.  The Bills didn't look like the Bills in those games.

• Disagree 2

47 minutes ago, Utah John said:

When Taron Johnson did his amazing pick six against the Ravens, it was early in the second half, and the Ravens had just marched down the field.  They were trailing 10-3 and were in position to tie the game.  Johnson's play broke the game open. Our defense did a great job containing Lamar Jackson.  But, our offense was not operating at normal efficiency.  Take away Johnson's heads-up move to fill a passing lane, and the Ravens score on that play instead of the Bills, and who knows where things would go after that.  

And against the Colts, again, the offense looked like a car that needs high octane gas, trying to run on regular.  It just wasn't really clicking.  Maybe it's the play calling, where Daboll and McD chose to get conservative to avoid the Big Mistake, maybe it was Josh Allen not playing like he normally does.   But this is what I'm talking about.  The Bills didn't look like the Bills in those games.

The Bills didn't dominate good teams the same way they dominated the bad teams they played down the stretch - sure. But they won a playoff game against a good team by 14 points. That is as convincing as playoff football gets.