Barnwell Predicts Ertz Will be Dealt to Bills after June 1st

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I try to let the thread lead - if folks are talking reasonably football-centered reasonably on  topic, it's All Good.

I personally think Pigs will Fly first.  Spotrac is currently useless for capology (has every player's salary doubled - not just on the Bills).

OTC says $4.6M but doesn't include signing bonuses for players below the top-51 cutoff or small amounts of dead cap, so it's typically high.   Doing some calculator work my guess is that $3.6-$3.8M cap is pretty much what we got.

So even if he takes a salary cut to $3.5M, that would basically eat our cap. 

Based on past history, Beane seems to like to go into the season with some free cap in case of injuries, which I believe, historically, has been about $3.5M

Right about where we are

Myself, I think Sanders was the "aggressively pursuing new weapons for Allen" along with (to follow the gladiator gif above) duels between Hollister, Knox, and Sweeney for roster/playing time and between a bunch of WR at the lower end of the roster to make the team/see the field.

200.gif

I don't see it!  

Money wise, production wise from Ertz last season and I think this staff wants to see more of Tommy Sweeny.

Covid really messed him up last year and my take is they want to see him with more experience under his belt. JMO