Bills Voluntary OTAs Phase 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Funny how majority (4/7) are ex-Panthers.  And 4/7 are over 30.  Also 4/7 took a pay cut.  Preferential treatment to ex Carolina guys or an age thing?

Edited by freddyjj

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Funny how majority (4/7) are ex-Panthers.  And 4/7 are over 30.  Also 4/7 took a pay cut.  Preferential treatment to ex Carolina guys or an age thing?

It's solid veteran list. Same sorts of dudes that get practices off during the season. Also dudes near the end of the line with no desire to get hurt at voluntary practices.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

It's solid veteran list. Same sorts of dudes that get practices off during the season. Also dudes near the end of the line with no desire to get hurt at voluntary practices.

I recently updated my Twitter app and I’m seeing random stuff in my feed from other teams. Here is one:

and another from Denver:

Bills are in such a different place…. It’s shocking 

20 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

or guys who took a paycut were told that while the team would like them there, being vets and familiar with the system, the staff wouldn't be too upset that they were able to work with the young guys. Also, again, thanks for taking that paycut. 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

5. Uh oh, Devin Singletary

Singletary made his offseason program debut after missing last week’s practice that was open to the media. He looked good during the positional portions of practice, leading the running backs through various drill along the home sideline. Once team drills began the receivers were getting most of the targets and Singletary had to wait for his chance to make a play. But when the ball came his way on a short throw from Fromm, Singletary muffed it with nobody around him.

The play brought back memories of the 23-year-old’s drop against the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game. Sure hands out of the backfield is something that Singletary is going to have to show over the course of training camp and preseason this summer.

6. In the trenches - Greg Rousseau flashes

As eager as fans are for intel on the new defensive line pieces the Bills added in the draft, it’s hard to glean too much from OTA team drills because of the environment. With that in mind, there were a few occasions where defensive linemen showed up in their matchups with offensive linemen. Greg Rousseau probably records a sack if this play was run in a real game.

Mitchell Trubisky was in at quarterback and was able to deliver the ball to Jacob Hollister, but Rousseau won his rep against fellow rookie Tommy Doyle and had Trubisky is his paws if he was able to tackle him. Speaking of Hollister, his quickness jumps out a little more than anticipated. He made a couple of grabs on the day, as did Dawson Knox. Important to note though one of Knox’s catches was bobbled before he hauled it in.

I think it's "Stand and Deliver" time for Motor and for Knox.  Nothing is given, everything is earned.   If you're not gonna take advantage of your opportunities, you'll sit down and be replaced by someone who will.

Allen to Hollister here.  He looks smooth.  He and Allen look as though they've played together before.  Oh wait.....

I like how Hollister rocks the "Suns Out Guns Out" look.  Hey, if you've got 'em...

Anyone else get the feeling that if the Bills had to line up and play a game in two weeks they'd be ready to roll?  I can't believe it is still around 100 days until W1.  This is a well-oiled machine.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dane Jackson telling Beane to save his money on that CB. 

I've been a fan since one of his first snaps against the Cardinals when he had Hopkins 1-on-1 in the endzone and kept him locked down. I thought he should have been on the active roster after the bye week.