Bills Voluntary OTAs Phase 3

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Talk to you’re grandkids old man fan. 😏🤔😂🏈🏋️♀️

Wide Right, my friend.  

No grandkids (yet) and the Hapling has another year of college, so we'd like to keep it that way a bit longer.

The Hapling does do some social media, but isn't so into it as to know how to move stuff from one form to another

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Talk to you’re grandkids old man fan. 😏🤔😂🏈🏋️♀️  Sorry, being a little snarky as you can take it.  I’ll ask my oldest son Chand as he is as Belicheat says into the Instasnapface stuff.  He may know.  You know those damn kids.

I am proudly a non social media person except this site if this is considered social media.  My friends get ticked at me, and my response is always if I want to talk to you I’ll call, text, or email you, or god forbid write you a letter, and you can do the same as I’ll always respond.

I'm really not trying to start something, and I mean no disrespect, but why?  Social media is an innovation and advancement in communication that is here to stay.  How a person uses it and interacts with others is that person's choice, but I'm just wondering why anyone would be "proud" to say they aren't going to participate as if it's some red badge of courage.  Umm...congratulations?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I am proudly a non social media person except this site if this is considered social media.  My friends get ticked at me, and my response is always if I want to talk to you I’ll call, text, or email you, or god forbid write you a letter, and you can do the same as I’ll always respond.

I also don't do the social media thing, besides here obviously. I used to be on fb and whatnot years ago and had times I enjoyed it once in a while. I had enough of it in 2012 I believe. 

Speaking for myself I had 2 reasons to drop it, one was I got tired of seeing so many post with people arguing and/or ppl constantly complaining and whining always about something or other. I couldn't block enough it seemed like. When I did block a lot it would be  more. that would come up. And it was always stupid, ignorant *****.

That and I started to become a lot more private and didn't want to make it easier for anyone to get my info or whatnot. Anyways, that's my experience,

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm really not trying to start something, and I mean no disrespect, but why?  Social media is an innovation and advancement in communication that is here to stay.  How a person uses it and interacts with others is that person's choice, but I'm just wondering why anyone would be "proud" to say they aren't going to participate as if it's some red badge of courage.  Umm...congratulations?

Eball, just a personal choice and not a badge of courage bud.  I would just rather deal with people directly, that’s all.  Most of the time, this is my outlet, and would rather not keep up with social media.  I have no opinion about people that love it.  If Twitter and other outlets are things you love,

great.  

Hap, my apologies as I scanned quickly and love to kid Chand, but realize it’s you.  Again, I’ll reach out to Ian as he would know (my son) if possible. He’s on that stuff all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll answer this.  Social media is terrible all the way around imo.

It has ruined journalism.  It is now about being first not about being accurate.  

People use it to spread disinformation.  It causes mental health issues.  People overshare.  Vaguebooking.  It has created "influencers" as a job title.

I used it for a bit and it made me dislike a lot of people.  Whether they showed their ignorance, straight up lied about who they are/how things are going, or beg for attention, it made me think poorer of people I otherwise liked and respected. I told my wife I ran into a friend of ours and she asked if he was going to DC for the insurrection bc that is all he posts on fb about.

I dipped during the 2016 election as people on both sides showed just how ignorant they were or could be.  It didn't get better this election as I had some work related reasons for being on. 

People claim it is a tool to keep in touch with people that you normally don't.  For that I have 2 points, first there is a reason we don't normally keep in touch with them.  Secondly people have started to use it to communicate with people they normally would in a much more direct capacity.  My wife's mother wished her a happy bday on fb.  No call, no text, just a fb post.  My friend asked me why I missed a party recently that I had no idea about.  He stated that his wife sent me a fb invite.  I talk to this guy 4 or 5 times a week.  Gladly he knew I wasn't active on social media and didn't get mad (actually apologized).

It is nice that is has a direct line to athletes but they are treated absolutely abhorrently.  The way people treat other human beings over a game or their fantasy football game is disgusting.

These are just some of my feelings.  From a not quite yet 40 year old guy who had myspace and fb but never twitter, snapchat, vine, tik tok, or any  of the others.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

It has ruined journalism.  It is now about being first not about being accurate.  

People use it to spread disinformation.  It causes mental health issues.  People overshare.  Vaguebooking.  It has created "influencers" as a job title.

I used it for a bit and it made me dislike a lot of people.  Whether they showed their ignorance, straight up lied about who they are/how things are going, or beg for attention, it made me think poorer of people I otherwise liked and respected. I told my wife I ran into a friend of ours and she asked if he was going to DC for the insurrection bc that is all he posts on fb about.

I dipped during the 2016 election as people on both sides showed just how ignorant they were or could be.  It didn't get better this election as I had some work related reasons for being on. 

People claim it is a tool to keep in touch with people that you normally don't.  For that I have 2 points, first there is a reason we don't normally keep in touch with them.  Secondly people have started to use it to communicate with people they normally would in a much more direct capacity.  My wife's mother wished her a happy bday on fb.  No call, no text, just a fb post.  My friend asked me why I missed a party recently that I had no idea about.  He stated that his wife sent me a fb invite.  I talk to this guy 4 or 5 times a week.  Gladly he knew I wasn't active on social media and didn't get mad (actually apologized).

It is nice that is has a direct line to athletes but they are treated absolutely abhorrently.  The way people treat other human beings over a game or their fantasy football game is disgusting.

These are just some of my feelings.  From a not quite yet 40 year old guy who had myspace and fb but never twitter, snapchat, vine, tik tok, or any  of the others.

Facebook is the absolute worst. Attention-desperate busybodies. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, my wife still up there and shows me deranged ***** here and there. Honestly looks to be even worse than it was in 2010-2012 when I got rid of it. Also I know a few people that get their news from fb, and believe it. Seriously,they really do. Have tried to let them know in as nice a way as possible, yet they still get offended and start attacking and call me the ignorant one.

Lol, it's truly mind boggling to say the least...

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, section122 said:

To each their own, I’m not very active on social media myself, but the bolded is nonsense.  The reason I normally don’t keep in touch with the majority of my friends is time.  People are busy. The only reason I’m on fb is to keep up with my HS/college friends and family.  I live across the country from the majority of them, so I don’t get to see their kids grow up.  Social media allows me to keep up with everyone…..with minimal time involved.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Sorry I started this one. My fault as it wasn’t on purpose.  If I ever share I’m not a social media guy, it’s not an opinion anyone should or shouldn’t at all.  I choose for multiple reasons not to use it, but have fun as you guys on this site provide a lot of info.  Just making sure everyone knows I could care less whether people use or not. I choose not.  That’s just me and respect whatever people want to do.  I’m out

on this one.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Talk to you’re grandkids old man fan. 😏🤔😂🏈🏋️♀️  Sorry, being a little snarky as you can take it.  I’ll ask my oldest son Chand as he is as Belicheat says into the Instasnapface stuff.  He may know.  You know those damn kids.

I’ve seen social media, and it isn’t remotely pretty, that  “just because you can doesn’t mean you should” 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Sorry I started this one. My fault as it wasn’t on purpose.  If I ever share I’m not a social media guy, it’s not an opinion anyone should or shouldn’t at all.  I choose for multiple reasons not to use it, but have fun as you guys on this site provide a lot of info.  Just making sure everyone knows I could care less whether people use or not. I choose not.  That’s just me and respect whatever people want to do.  I’m out

on this one.

No need to apologize.  I think the value of social media is in how each person chooses to use it.  I'm on FB, Twitter, and Instagram but you'd probably call me a "lurker" rather than a frequent poster.  There are a ton of people who (in my opinion) completely misuse SM but I'd feel like I was missing something if I didn't (a) learn about it and (b) participate somewhat.  Like you said, to each his own.  Cheers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

To each their own, I’m not very active on social media myself, but the bolded is nonsense.  The reason I normally don’t keep in touch with the majority of my friends is time.  People are busy. The only reason I’m on fb is to keep up with my HS/college friends and family.  I live across the country from the majority of them, so I don’t get to see their kids grow up.  Social media allows me to keep up with everyone…..with minimal time involved.  

Social media allows you to see what they want you to see, in the way they are offering it up.  Their perfect cookie cutter version of it.  When you go home, do you make it a point to see everyone that you want to keep up with on social media?  At one point I had over 800 "friends" many of them I had met once or twice.  Those aren't friends, they are acquaintances lol.  

I will fully admit though that what you bolded was missing a very important word.  It should have said generally there is a reason we don't keep in touch.  It doesn't have to have negative connotations attached to it though.  As you said it is mostly time.  Social media is a time suck.  I won't single you out as I have no idea what your habits are but many people spend hours a week if not a day on social media.  That is plenty of time to pick up the phone and call or text those that you truly care about keeping up with imo.  

Lastly, I strongly dislike social media but people use it and that is fine.  I just offered up my personal anecdotes of why I don't like it or use it.  I'm not better than people that use it, I just don't.  

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

Lastly, I strongly dislike social media but people use it and that is fine.  I just offered up my personal anecdotes of why I don't like it or use it.  I'm not better than people that use it, I just don't.  

mandelbaum.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know, I do "Bookface" regularly, which my kid regards as "Grandma and Grandpa social media", and don't find it so.  I use it to keep up with friends from college and various other times of my life, neighbors, fellow parents from kid's college, and a handful of hobbies.  I'm pretty restrictive in who I follow, and pretty quick to unfollow or block.  And the groups I'm part of are moderated, and people who veer off the topic or are rude are shown the door, kind of like here.

So it works for me.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

on this one.

^^^^same, well said MGK. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, eball said:

No need to apologize.  I think the value of social media is in how each person chooses to use it.  I'm on FB, Twitter, and Instagram but you'd probably call me a "lurker" rather than a frequent poster.  There are a ton of people who (in my opinion) completely misuse SM but I'd feel like I was missing something if I didn't (a) learn about it and (b) participate somewhat.  Like you said, to each his own.  Cheers.

Wait a minute.... Isn't the name "Lurker" accounted for on this site? 😎

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You know, I do "Bookface" regularly, which my kid regards as "Grandma and Grandpa social media", and don't find it so.  I use it to keep up with friends from college and various other times of my life, neighbors, fellow parents from kid's college, and a handful of hobbies.  I'm pretty restrictive in who I follow, and pretty quick to unfollow or block.  And the groups I'm part of are moderated, and people who veer off the topic or are rude are shown the door, kind of like here.

So it works for me.

I have an account only because there certain groups or events that only post updates there (which is annoying). Every time I get on which isn’t very often, but Each post I think “omg no one cares” until my eyes glaze over. There is a community group for the town I live in which is an absolute sheet show of bored busybodies and complainers. Like every time fireworks are set off someone thinks it’s a gunshot and there are 300 comments. I have all these “friends” who I barely know and no, I don’t care what your food looks like or your 500 pics of Disney or your multi level marketing scheme.

yeah not my cup of tea! Haha. I love Twitter though (ya think) 😄

• Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

There is a community group for the town I live in which is an absolute sheet show of bored busybodies and complainers. Like every time fireworks are set off someone thinks it’s a gunshot and there are 300 comments

Ah yes, NextDoor!  By far the most useless SM platform around.  "Did anyone hear gunshots?" has to be the most widely posted comment by a wide margin. :lol:

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Ah yes, NextDoor!  By far the most useless SM platform around.  "Did anyone hear gunshots?" has to be the most widely posted comment by a wide margin. :lol:

Every single time I log on. No one would be left in my neighborhood if all these gunshots actually went down the way these people think they do.