Bills Voluntary OTAs Phase 3

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of crazy that all 4 of the DL no show players probably will not be on the team next year.

LOL, maybe McDermott asked them to take "a couple of more days off" so they can look at all of the young guys!

Either way the young guys will be filling "starting" roles in these OTAs.  Imagine how it will be when the old timers finally show up.

It could show the young guys how much they need to learn.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Kind of crazy that all 4 of the DL no show players probably will not be on the team next year.

LOL, maybe McDermott asked them to take "a couple of more days off" so they can look at all of the young guys!

Either way the young guys will be filling "starting" roles in these OTAs.  Imagine how it will be when the old timers finally show up.

3 of the 4 took pay cuts this year or last - Addison, butler, star… and Hughes’ wife is very pregnant and they are in Houston right now. That explains to me why they aren’t there. Morse is another one who took a pay cut and not there. Guessing we don’t see any of them until mandatory minicamp in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 of the 4 took pay cuts this year or last - Addison, butler, star… and Hughes’ wife is very pregnant and they are in Houston right now. That explains to me why they aren’t there. Morse is another one who took a pay cut and not there. Guessing we don’t see any of them until mandatory minicamp in a few weeks.

Most likely.  Still kind of weird and maybe a good thing for the young guys.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It wouldn’t be my style, but if I had to speculate why those guys aren’t there it would be the pay cut. I’m more surprised about Daryl Williams and Taiwan Jones though they might have personal reasons like hughes

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agreed, particularly on the D line. Last 3 drafts we've drafted the cornerstones of the hopeful future at that position. They def needs reps though, and will be deep in a heavy rotation once the games start.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wouldn’t be my style, but if I had to speculate why those guys aren’t there it would be the pay cut. I’m more surprised about Daryl Williams and Taiwan Jones though they might have personal reasons like hughes

Not my style either, but I can imagine for veteran OL and DL - these OTAs can’t do a whole lot.  Non-contact drills - no blocking or pads - in a system they have been in.  

Limited meeting time and lots of teaching of young guys - I think OTAs are really a waste for the 2 lines.  I get WRs and DBs as they can run and tangle, but the guys on the line are not getting anything and can actually get more accomplished away from OTAs.

Not an excuse as I would prefer 100% participation, but I get the group missing.

Nice to see Diggs get back with the team!  Allen to Diggs connection  with a full stadium this season will be unreal.

Thanks for posting these Clips. I don't remember ever seeing so much coverage of things like OTA in the past. Maybe I just never looked in the right spot or it has grown with the Media age..Whatever it's awesome to see.

Just found out our kids are not going back to school here in Ontario until Fall. More disappointment for my boys...I continue to be a work at Home Dad with them so this is my mental break. Lets hope we can get our border open this September. It's my wife and I 10th anniversary tomorrow and we want to go all in for a game!

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You may be on to something, might be more than just coincidence. 

Any of those 4 DL would also be prime trade bait with Philly for Ertz.