Bills Voluntary OTAs Phase 3

37 minutes ago, 716er said:

I wonder if they are grooming him for Klein's role 

Epenesa has zero experience in coverage, while his burst and straight line speed have improved I doubt his agility and COD skills are up to OLB par. 

I can’t see a position change; having him cut 25 pounds in hopes they can mold him into a passrusher who has both natural strength and some newly found bust seems much more likely. 

Cover 1 did a phenomenal analysis on his development, Epenesa isn’t the player he was in college, he legitimately has some speed rush potential now.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Cover 1 did a phenomenal analysis on his development, Epenesa isn’t the player he was in college, he legitimately has some speed rush potential now.

Im'a look for this - thx 

16 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Seems like McD is going out of his way to praise Eppy's look.  So either

1)  Eppy wasnt in shape last year and McD is giving the ol' "atta boy" positive reinforcement, or

2) Eppy is where they want him but maybe Eppy or the fans dont like this new look, so McD is signalling us and Eppy to understand that its by design.

Maybe he worked hard over the break to do what they asked, and coach feels like he deserves some public praise for it. Without looking too deep, it seems like that to me.

Edited by Tuel Time

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

So I'm confused.   After John brown came back kumerow went to the practice squad where he then got poached.    How did he make it back to the Bills?

He was cut by the Saints and the Bills signed him to a futures contract 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I'm not at Liberty to divulge that information

Just as long as we do not have to “CONNECT THE DOTS” you can keep the info private.

Now head back to a high level business meeting before anything else leaks.

LOL

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

So I'm confused.   After John brown came back kumerow went to the practice squad where he then got poached.    How did he make it back to the Bills?

The Saints waived him and signed him to their PS, then released him after their playoff run ended.  We offered him a reserve/futures contract and he took it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Just as long as we do not have to “CONNECT THE DOTS” you can keep the info private.

Now head back to a high level business meeting before anything else leaks.

LOL

All my dots are in a straight line and the only leaking is a small amount of cranium fluid from one ear 😛

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/25/2021 at 7:54 PM, Warcodered said:

Cole Beasley running a route against his stint double?

Something that puzzles me about this film clip.  About halfway through, someone wearing a red "no contact" jersey makes a catch and immediately gets tackled and taken to the ground.  I thought OTAs weren't supposed to involve physical contact in the routes anyway, but to the extent that they do, the guy in the red "no contact" jersey is supposed to get....no contact.

Help?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Something that puzzles me about this film clip.  About halfway through, someone wearing a red "no contact" jersey makes a catch and immediately gets tackled and taken to the ground.  I thought OTAs weren't supposed to involve physical contact in the routes anyway, but to the extent that they do, the guy in the red "no contact" jersey is supposed to get....no contact.

Help?

It was Hodgins. I don't know how much 'contact' they can or are supposed to have. May have been a wrap them up and he didn't have balance to stay on his feet. 

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It was Hodgins. I don't know how much 'contact' they can or are supposed to have. May have been a wrap them up and he didn't have balance to stay on his feet. 

Hodgins went up for the ball and then Jackson wrapped him and went to the ground as he landed.  I dunno, it may have been something he tried to abort.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, Estro said:

First thing I noticed, you also seemed to notice:

Dion Dawkins looked huge, as in out of shape huge.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:54 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He posts stuff all the time about working out and bike riding.  So I dunno.

I guarantee it was just the camera angle or whatever. Dawkins is a big man and I'm sure it is easy to find unflattering angles of him. I'd be willing to bet he is similar to previous seasons.

I didn’t see this posted elsewhere but those missing from phase 3 were: Star, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Taiwan Jones, Devin Singletary, Daryl Williams, Emmanuel Sanders, and Stefon Diggs. 

Lots of reps for the new young DL players. Really surprised by Singletary as he has a lot of competition.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/25/full-list-buffalo-bills-players-not-at-ota-including-stefon-diggs-emmanuel-sanders-star-lotulelei/