Fairburn would swap Allen for Mahomes. Would you?

Would you swap Allen for Mahomes in a player for player swap?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap Allen for Mahomes in a player for player swap?

No.

During the drought years, I often questioned whether i was just "rooting for laundry" without regard to who was in the Bills laundry.  just please win.

Now I root for JA 17 and the Buffalo Bills.  If Mahomes put on a Bills uniform (while JA was still alive) it would feel like rooting for laundry again. 

JA is my QB. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

None of which Allen has done.

Mahomes is off to arguably the best start in NFL QB history. Allen is not.

I get the intangibles thing, but Mahomes certainly has his fair share of intangibles and making jaw dropping plays out of nothing to keep his team cruising. 

Allen needs to win a SB and an MVP before this is a real debate.

No QB has won 2 MVPs without winning one.

Compare the supporting cast Mahomes has played with to the one Allen has played with till this past year and having an offensive genius as a head coach doesn’t hurt either add to that Allen is the Bills running game while Mahomes has a pretty good set of backs in KC…the debate is closer then you think 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Mahomes gets a knock on his ceiling because he has been great out of the box and has been consistently great. Hard for folks to crow about your “ceiling” when you’ve already done things that 99% of QB’s won’t come close to achieving.

Well, you asked the question: Has Patrick Mahomes reached his ceiling?

And, if you think he hasn't, who do you think is closer to their ceiling, Mahomes, or Allen?

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I certainly won't take anything away from Mahomes.  He's awesome.

But let's be honest, here.  He was drafted by a much better organization, coaching staff and team - which immediately surrounded him with supreme talent.

Josh Allen?  Not so much.

It's no coincidence that Josh Allen continues to improve as the talent around him improves.  That's not to say that Allen hasn't made incredible personal improvements; he has.  

Throwing passes to Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones isn't setting any QB up to be successful.   Replace that with Diggs and Beasley and *poof* now Josh Allen gets the second most MVP votes.

Has Mahomes been more successful?  Yes.  Much more.

But it's not just because Mahomes is the better QB.  

If he is, it ain't by much.

I'll stick with Josh.

Now get Josh that Pro Bowl TE one of these years.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes.

Mahomes is probably the only QB I'd take over Allen.

He's done it for 3 years at a special level, so he definitely has the nod over Allen in my book, who's done it 1 season. 

In the end Allen might be better, but at this pt. In time anyone that would choose Allen over Mahomes is clearly a rabid Bills fan.  I get it, I love him too, but I'm trying to be objective here.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Putting Mahomes on the Bills doesn't gurantee that he wins MVP's or Super Bowl rings...just as putting Allen in KC doesn't guranatee that they don't enjoy the same success that they have with Mahomes.  The Cheifs are good, Mahomes is good...the Bills are good, Allen is good.  Let's just enjoy that...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, you asked the question: Has Patrick Mahomes reached his ceiling?

And, if you think he hasn't, who do you think is closer to their ceiling, Mahomes, or Allen?

I don’t think that either 25 year old has hit their ceiling.

I don’t know who is closer to their ceiling. Maybe Patrick Mahomes’ ceiling is the best QB ever of all time. Wins MVP 10 times. Breaks every record. In that case, he hasn’t come close to it.

This is why ceiling is a terrible argument. If Josh isn’t as good as Mahomes right now, you can just say he “hasn’t hit his ceiling yet.” Well what’s his ceiling? What if his ceiling is current Pat Mahomes? What if Pat Mahomes’ ceiling is way higher than Josh Allen’s ceiling? Is the only argument that Josh has a higher ceiling or hasn’t hit his ceiling yet because he wasn’t great his first two season and Mahomes was?

• Awesome! (+1) 1