Can lefty hold it together today? He did, now can he finally win a US Open?

flaz

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Anyone who takes 12 hours to play a round of golf should be banned from the club lol. For life.

Put me on THAT course, with THAT wind, add beer and I just might have to finish in the dark! Ha! My old college roommate was on the golf team as a walk-on. He says he’d be happy to crack 200! LOL

12 hours ago, flaz said:

Serious question. Is Tiger sitting home rooting for Phil? Their adversarial relationship has changed over the last several years

I don’t think there’s any question Tiger was rooting for Phil.  They are more alike in their appreciation for the history of the game than they are different.

It was a magical weekend.  If Phil had only embraced the mental side of the game when he was younger who knows what his stats would look like next to Tiger’s.  He has as much talent as anyone who has ever played the game.

35 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t think there’s any question Tiger was rooting for Phil.  They are more alike in their appreciation for the history of the game than they are different.

It was a magical weekend.  If Phil had only embraced the mental side of the game when he was younger who knows what his stats would look like next to Tiger’s.  He has as much talent as anyone who has ever played the game.

We both know that Tiger is driven to accumulate as many records as possible and will use anything as motivation. If he is able to recover from his current set of injuries and return to competitive golf, the bar is set much higher. He may have accepted the fact that he may never catch Jack, but "oldest major winner" WAS still attainable. That may now be out of reach

Edited by flaz

11 minutes ago, flaz said:

We both know that Tiger is driven to accumulate as many records as possible and will use anything as motivation. If he is able to recover from his current set of injuries and return to competitive golf, the bar is set much higher. He may have accepted the fact that he may never catch Jack, but "oldest major winner" WAS still attainable. That may now be out of reach

Tiger knows his body won’t allow him to compete on the main tour in his 50s.  It was miraculous he won at Augusta at 43.  The new injuries only, unfortunately, sealed the deal.

• Like (+1) 2

Thumbs up to Phil and his victory.

Thumbs down to the PGA  for allowing the mob scene on number 18.

I'm sorry, but there needed to be more control as the safety of players and caddies

was an issue imho.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

I'm sorry, but there needed to be more control as the safety of players and caddies

was an issue imho.

Agree, it caught me off guard... had me a bit nervous really. But, that tiny rope worked in the end.

3 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Congrats to Phil! He always does make it an adventure though.

I don't think Phil did anything "dumb" yesterday...he found himself in essentially a match play scenario with Brooks, while also keeping an eye on what Shrek was doing.  He played a smart, conservative style and a couple of shots got away from him but he was very solid.  He knew pretty early in the round that the other guys potentially chasing him were having their own issues.

• Like (+1) 1

• flaz changed the title to Can lefty hold it together today? Well he did. Now, can he complete the slam at this year's US Open?
2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

was an issue imho.

I agree completely. But then again, I'm an old school stay off my lawn kinda guy. I have attended around 15 tour events, including the US Open at Olympic Club.

I'm so sick of the "look at me" behavior of the fans. Sure, it's cool to get on camera, but be respectful of the players and the people around you. 

The 16th at the Phoenix Open is a party and I understand that. The two times I went there, I wasn't able to get into the 16th, as the stands are full by 8 and I drove up from Tucson. 

Anyway, stop with the "MASHED POTATOES" already! 

Edited by flaz

2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

was an issue imho.

16 minutes ago, flaz said:

I agree completely. But then again, I'm an old school stay off my lawn kinda guy. I have attended around 15 tour events, including the US Open at Olympic Club.

I'm so sick of the "look at me" behavior of the fans. Sure, it's cool to get on camera, but be respectful of the players and the people around you. 

The 16th at the Phoenix Open is a party and I understand that. The two times I went there, I wasn't able to get into the 16th, as the stands are full by 8 and I drove up from Tucson. 

Anyway, stop with the "MASHED POTATOES" already! 

Someone in the Shoutbox brought up a great point when this was going down.  Had they tied/gone to a playoff, that fairway would have been a mess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.