The Bills might be able to solve the CB situation across from White during the 2021 season only.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

just neglected to mention the high draft pick and that there’s no reason to think trubisky would be an upgrade for them in any way.

agreed that he was more beat up than ever acknowledged 

The whole team was beat up more than they acknowledged with lack of OTAs, preseason, etc., being a factor.

If some of the rookies got more time working with training staff and coaches in preseason they may have been able to contribute more.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Everything is fine as is. Wallace, with Jackson support (or vice versa) is just fine!.

Like in Bball, we have a "help" defense too. The pros we have all over the field know when to lean a certain way.

Go Bills! 2021. Make it a happen. My dad only has a couple years left! 

I would like to see an upgrade.  But whether or not we upgrade, we need depth - Wallace played because Josh Norman started the season injured, Jackson played because both Wallace and White were injured at different points. 

I think Beane probably has a list of names he feels might be cut, or a list of the 50-ish remaining FA CB he is interested in (but only at the right price).

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

What if Winston and Hill struggle mightily for the Saints?

The Saints might not able to sign Marshon Lattimore?

The Bills could end up dealing Trubisky to NO in a package for Lattimore.

I realize that bringing in Lattimore would be just a mercenary hire as I don't see how the Bills could afford to re-sign him, but the Bills are going for a championship.

Is this doable? Would you do this if you were McBeane? Or is this a total pipe dream?

If the Saints struggle this upcoming season, they are going to sell Lattimore for a lot more than Trubisky lol

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, njbuff said:

I realize that bringing in Lattimore would be just a mercenary hire as I don't see how the Bills could afford to re-sign him, but the Bills are going for a championship.

Is this doable? Would you do this if you were McBeane? Or is this a total pipe dream?

Winston has shown he can  throw 30plus TD passes

If he cut his Int's to 15 he would be a decent starter.

Sean P has been coaching him and against him so he knows what he has.

16 hours ago, njbuff said:

Hows about we worry about White regaining his form?

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think Beane went out and got Trubiski as an insurance policy for a championship run this season if Josh goes down for 3-4 games.  If Trubisky can go .500 in any starts he has this season, I think we still make the playoffs and a healthy Josh can hopefully step back in and make the playoff run.  I don't think Beane will give up that insurance policy for any one year rental.

agree 100%, Inigo.

One step further, but in the past is I think they would have liked the opportunity to maybe have Josh rest after the Raiders game, but couldn’t.

honestly, f’d up that the raiders may have arguable cost us home field advantage.

terrible time for The Arm to be strapped up.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, njbuff said:

It’s a pipe dream.  If a decent or better team with no viable backup loses its starting QB for the year we might be able to get a pick for Trubisky.  It should be noted that we would by no means be the only team who could trade such a backup.  But no team is trading a quality starting CB to us during the season.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Out there somewhere is a starting corner that will become available in July.

Knowing Beane, YOU will need to google his name after he is traded here..

Take it to the Bank

It is worth mentioning that there’s a couple out there now in Sherman and Nelson.  It doesn’t seem like interest is all that high on the Bills side so I really think we roll with pretty much what we  have now.  Obviously if we can get a deal on somebody we take it, but that’s not very likely.

22 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

From the OP:  Did I say Trubisky alone in a trade proposal? Learn to read.

What package?  Elaborate.  Also learn to write your views clearly. Saying a package leaves things wide open to anything & you deserve al the flames you are getting. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Wasn’t the whole point of Mitch coming here to rebuild his value and gain some great coaching behind the scenes? 
He doesn’t really have any value unless Josh gets hurt and Mitch plays and flashes. Trubisky could of landed a better spot where the path to playtime was easier. He’s here to learn and test free agency again for better opportunities. Beane could shop him but Fromm would have to be extremely impressive in practice and behind the scenes. 

• Agree 1

You solve CB#2 with pass rush. Wallace is fine and Jackson may push him for snaps. CB#2 is not even in the top 5 worries on defense. 

1. Pass rush from the new edge players

2. Pass rush from Oliver

3. Edmunds improving in all facets of the game

4. Run stopping from 1-tech

5. Milano staying healthy 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Out there somewhere is a starting corner that will become available in July.

Knowing Beane, YOU will need to google his name after he is traded here..

Take it to the Bank

That is a good prediction.

Just now, Beast said:

I don't understand the dissatisfaction for Levi Wallace on this board.

He isnt going to the HOF, and some fans here aren't happy unless the Bills have a HOFer at every position. 

McDermott isnt about stars.  He's about role players. Wallace is a solid role player. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You solve CB#2 with pass rush. Wallace is fine and Jackson may push him for snaps. CB#2 is not even in the top 5 worries on defense. 

1. Pass rush from the new edge players

2. Pass rush from Oliver

3. Edmunds improving in all facets of the game

4. Run stopping from 1-tech

5. Milano staying healthy 

Well said. I couldn’t agree more. 
Remember we had Leodis McKelvin? How bad he was in coverage? 
As they added pieces to the D and Schwartz got that pass rush looking amazing, leodis looked like an all pro when Hughes, Mario, dareus and Kyle were getting home every play. After that he was basically never heard from again.  Pass rush will 100% solve any issue with corner play we have, and on a side note pass rush will have Edmunds and Milano looking like 2 of the best cover linebackers as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2