The Bills might be able to solve the CB situation across from White during the 2021 season only.

What if Winston and Hill struggle mightily for the Saints?

The Saints might not able to sign Marshon Lattimore?

The Bills could end up dealing Trubisky to NO in a package for Lattimore.

I realize that bringing in Lattimore would be just a mercenary hire as I don't see how the Bills could afford to re-sign him, but the Bills are going for a championship.

Is this doable? Would you do this if you were McBeane? Or is this a total pipe dream?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

I think Beane went out and got Trubiski as an insurance policy for a championship run this season if Josh goes down for 3-4 games.  If Trubisky can go .500 in any starts he has this season, I think we still make the playoffs and a healthy Josh can hopefully step back in and make the playoff run.  I don't think Beane will give up that insurance policy for any one year rental.

• Like (+1) 9

20 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If Stafford goes down we can trade Jake Fromm to the Rams for Jalen Ramsey.  If you're going to dream a pipe dream, go big or go home.  

Did I say Trubisky alone in a trade proposal? Learn to read.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Out there somewhere is a starting corner that will become available in July.

Knowing Beane, YOU will need to google his name after he is traded here..

Take it to the Bank

• Agree 4

57 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think Beane went out and got Trubiski as an insurance policy for a championship run this season if Josh goes down for 3-4 games.  If Trubisky can go .500 in any starts he has this season, I think we still make the playoffs and a healthy Josh can hopefully step back in and make the playoff run.  I don't think Beane will give up that insurance policy for any one year rental.

This. 

I think we were closer than anyone knew to Josh missing about 4 games this season (in which we went 2-2)

I think Josh was still out there because injured Josh > > Barkley and with Barkley we maybe go 0-4 or 1-3

Solve CB#2 issue some other way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

just neglected to mention the high draft pick and that there’s no reason to think trubisky would be an upgrade for them in any way.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This. 

I think we were closer than anyone knew to Josh missing about 4 games this season (in which we went 2-2)

I think Josh was still out there because injured Josh > > Barkley and with Barkley we maybe go 0-4 or 1-3

Solve CB#2 issue some other way.

agreed that he was more beat up than ever acknowledged 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I realize that bringing in Lattimore would be just a mercenary hire as I don't see how the Bills could afford to re-sign him, but the Bills are going for a championship.

Is this doable? Would you do this if you were McBeane? Or is this a total pipe dream?

Do you play Madden?

• Haha (+1) 1

I think that having a solid backup QB is pretty important to Beane, and even if he could get Lattimore on the roster next season, he knows the cost of keeping him would be prohibitive.   He might be willing to pay a good #2 CB, I don't think he wants to try and manage the salaries of 2 #1 CBs.  And I don't think he's that interested in a one year solution as a #2 CB.

• Agree 1

Everything is fine as is. Wallace, with Jackson support (or vice versa) is just fine!.

Like in Bball, we have a "help" defense too. The pros we have all over the field know when to lean a certain way.

Go Bills! 2021. Make it a happen. My dad only has a couple years left! 

• Like (+1) 2

I know the OP mentioned it’s not just Trubisky alone in this trade scenario, but why would the Saints want Trubisky? If Hill and Winston fail to make the Saints winners, it’s hard to believe Trubisky will. I think Trubisky was a great signing. We needed an upgrade over Barkley, but I don’t think Trubisky is any better than Winston or Hill. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

No offense, but I think you lost the right to make a comment like this after making this thread. Trubisky “in a package” for Lattimore. That would signify that Trubisky is the centerpiece of the trade for the Saints.  What’s “a package”?  Do you really think the Saints would want to trade one of their trade chips for a Qb that busted “in a package”?  Maybe if it’s Trubisky and a 2nd rd pick.....which means they’re trading Lattimore for a 2nd rd pick and a busted backup qb.  

this is nonsense imo.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

If our first and second picks contribute, we'll be fine at CB. Just need a consistent pass rush to help them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I know the OP mentioned it’s not just Trubisky alone in this trade scenario, but why would the Saints want Trubisky? If Hill and Winston fail to make the Saints winners, it’s hard to believe Trubisky will. I think Trubisky was a great signing. We needed an upgrade over Barkley, but I don’t think Trubisky is any better than Winston or Hill. 

I would say that if the decision-making leading to too many picks can be tamed (and Fitzpatrick did manage this), Winston might be an upgrade over Trubisky.

• Agree 1

I like Levi quite a bit. On a real topic here, how much blame did he have in that KC game? Everyone was an issue that game in the secondary that night including the lb's, but I don't remember him doing anything abysmal. Tre looked like crap too but that may have been bc he had too much responsibilities. Anyone able to shed light on this? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This is spot on. I was talking about this less then 24 hours before we signed Trubiski thinking we needed a .500 qb backup. He could be trade bait for just before trade deadline but not a second before. spot on

• Like (+1) 1