Jags mistakenly reveal draft boards in video

On 5/22/2021 at 8:46 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Why does this make them a bad organization?

I have given too much thought to this but I actually agree- there is no one who is going to benefit from this around the league. If this had leaked prior to draft a big mess up but after, who cares? Just make sure it is a secret until the day after the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Wasn't there an image floating around of a Bills 2018 whiteboard ranking Wyoming, UCS, Oklahoma, UCLA, Oklahoma St?

EDIT: Found it.

I don't know why anyone cares about the Jaguars draft board AFTER the draft.  They're berating the Jags, who didn't reveal anything that could help another team, while this Bills board was released to the media PRIOR to the draft and even showed the proposed deal with Denver that has since been confirmed as real.  Just think if another team had enough draft capital and seeing this had moved into pick 4 to jump ahead of us for the right Josh.  We would have ended up with either Rosen or Rudolph and unless we were bad enough to get Herbert in 2020, we'd still be floundering without a QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure why people think this was some sort of accident/mistake.  I have to believe this was screened internally by many people. I think they just didn't give a damn, as they found no competitive disadvantage to the "information" revealed. 

With that said, I think Urban is going to have a rough go of it in Jacksonville. 

31 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm not sure why people think this was some sort of accident/mistake.  I have to believe this was screened internally by many people. I think they just didn't give a damn, as they found no competitive disadvantage to the "information" revealed. 

With that said, I think Urban is going to have a rough go of it in Jacksonville. 

The only reason to hide draft board ratings is so that some other team doesn't trade up & jump your team to get a guy that both you & the other team covet.  After the draft that's irrelevant. 

I think all the teams should reveal their draft ratings after the draft so over a period of years the fans can see if the scouts are good or suck.  😜

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

...doesn't trade up & jump your team to get a guy that both you & the other team covet. 

Hey! HEY! HEY!  🤨

This is in direct contravention with that 'thou shalt not covet' jazz in the Ten Commandments!  THIS  is why you're going to Hell! 😠 Unless you're the New England Patriots; then it means you get an additional conditional draft pick.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Hey! HEY! HEY!  🤨

This is in direct contravention with that 'thou shalt not covet' jazz in the Ten Commandments!  THIS  is why you're going to Hell! 😠 Unless you're the New England Patriots; then it means you get an additional conditional draft pick.

You're allowed to covet anything not owned by another, so as long as the player hasn't been drafted, it's ok.  Now I remember a year after the Bills drafted Josh Allen with the 7th pick of the 2018 draft the Jaguars with the 7th pick drafted Josh Allen in the 2019 draft.  The people in Jacksonville who were responsible for coveting and drafting Josh Allen were severely punished for coveting a player already under contract to another and within 2 years they were the worst team in the NFL & they all got fired.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Haha (+1) 1