Habs Vs. Jets/2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

4_kidd_4

On 5/31/2021 at 9:39 PM, K-9 said:

I have no affection for the Canadians, but I do have disdain for the Leafs. So nice to see them lose tonight. Can’t see Les Habitants beating the Peg though. Jets in five.

Once again, my predictive abilities prove flawless. :lol:

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

I've been thinking that knocking Carey Price out of this tournament is going to be a very serious problem.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Simon said:

I've been thinking that knocking Carey Price out of this tournament is going to be a very serious problem.

Yep. Seems he’s put the team on his shoulders and is intent on carrying them. A hot goalie in the playoffs can take a team far. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Seems he’s put the team on his shoulders and is intent on carrying them. A hot goalie in the playoffs can take a team far. 

They are playing incredible team defense in front of him. He’s certainly been outstanding on his own, no question, but the guys in front of him are keeping the paint clear, keeping things to the outside, limiting turnovers and blocking shots. That’s what I meant in a previous post re: “playoff hockey clinic”.

Forecheck, backcheck, paycheck!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:23 PM, K-9 said:

You're wrong on so many levels... Also suck @ risk assessment,  but take solace, humans in general suck at that...

Just don't expect to beat out an icing, score, and still come out of it like a freshly tatted, starched, and ironed doily! 

😉😜😘

16 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

You watch any of these playoff games, and then realize how far away the Sabres are from being even remotely competitive in today's NHL.

:(

All a team needs is a goalie to plug the net, a brickwall.  Any team can compete.  Just trap 'em down... Win 1-0 games.

Love that the isles eliminated Boston! I always like to see Boston lose (didn’t mind seeing Hall lose either), but it helps the Sabres since they hold Boston’s 2nd round pick.

I think I’ll be rooting for the Isles the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Love that the isles eliminated Boston! I always like to see Boston lose (didn’t mind seeing Hall lose either), but it helps the Sabres since they hold Boston’s 2nd round pick.

I think I’ll be rooting for the Isles the rest of the way.

Same here.  Hoping for an Isles and Avs cup but Isles and VGK would be good also.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Same here.  Hoping for an Isles and Avs cup but Isles and VGK would be good also.

Isles and Avs is what I’m hoping for.

I rooted for Vegas their 1st season because it was a cool story. But I’m not really rooting for them as much anymore. I just feel like that VGK fan base has had it way too easy. I think they’ve made the playoffs every year of their existence so far. Like, they are an expansion team and haven’t even had to suffer through a single bad season. Just seems... wrong, or something. But the team I root for has sucked for a decade, so it may be jealousy 😂

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Isles and Avs is what I’m hoping for.

I rooted for Vegas their 1st season because it was a cool story. But I’m not really rooting for them as much anymore. I just feel like that VGK fan base has had it way too easy. I think they’ve made the playoffs every year of their existence so far. Like, they are an expansion team and haven’t even had to suffer through a single bad season. Just seems... wrong, or something. But the team I root for has sucked for a decade, so it may be jealousy 😂

I'm with ya on that one.  It was a fun ride with VGK until they almost won the cup in their first year of existence.  I officially started rooting against them in the finals against Washington solely because of jealousy. Why should a city hoist a championship banner in its first year of professional sports franchises when us Joe 18 packs have never witnessed a championship in 120 years of NFL Bills and Sabres history.  No, I don't take much solace in the 63'-64' AFL Championships.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.