Habs Vs. Jets/2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

4_kidd_4

First off, Go Habs Go & Blow Leafs Blow.

Ok now that we got that out of the way, great game 1 last night,  the old school hockey purist in me hasn’t been that excited about a game in a long time. Besides their first playoff matchup in 42 years, I do love playoff hockey.

Can’t really be bothered w regular season, but when the playoffs start the game totally changes. More hitting, more grinding, more line shuffling and less whistles. 

Should be a good series, Price looked pretty good coming back off injury. Would love to see the Leafs on the golf course after round one ;)

Edited by 4_kidd_4

36 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Bill Hewitt, Danny Gallivan, Dick Irvin Jr., Dave Hodge, Howie Meeker or Brian McFarlane still on the HNIC broadcast?

Greatest broadcast bunch ever in hockey history.

Bob Cole, Harry Neale & Dick Irvin were my fave lineup.

And unfortunately CBC let the original HNIC theme song go, they didn’t want to pay up a few years back I guess.

Too bad, it’s a classic!!

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/21/2021 at 11:20 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

And unfortunately CBC let the original HNIC theme song go, they didn’t want to pay up a few years back I guess.

Too bad, it’s a classic!!

There was a dispute between CBC and the widow of the guy who wrote the song, so she pulled the rights from CBC and agreed to a deal with TSN. It's still there, just we in the US can't hear it on a weekly basis. 

Speaking of TSN, they did a slight rework of it for the 2010 end of regular season and playoffs. Some guy named Peart played drums on it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This series hasn't been nearly as interesting as I thought it would be.

I'm pulling for Montreal, as I simply can't cheer for TO under any circumstances.

There used to be a time when I couldn't cheer for Montreal under any circumstances (LOL) but those days are long gone.

They (and the Sabres) have been bad enough for long enough that my hatred of the team has faded.

The series to watch tonight (and the gem of the playoffs so far) is FL vs. TB.

I'm hoping FL can get another win tonight and push the series to another game; every one of them have been pretty great.

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This series hasn't been nearly as interesting as I thought it would be.

I'm pulling for Montreal, as I simply can't cheer for TO under any circumstances.

There used to be a time when I couldn't cheer for Montreal under any circumstances (LOL) but those days are long gone.

They (and the Sabres) have been bad enough for long enough that my hatred of the team has faded.

The series to watch tonight (and the gem of the playoffs so far) is FL vs. TB.

I'm hoping FL can get another win tonight and push the series to another game; every one of them have been pretty great.

Isles and Pens has also been very competitive. It's has to suck for the teams in Canada to play in empty arena's when the US teams can have fans. The atmosphere at Nassau, Nashville, and Carolina has been excellent. 

• 4_kidd_4 changed the title to Habs Vs. Leafs/2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Crazy! What a series. Cant believe it’s going to game 7 after the leafs were up 8n the series 3 games to 1. 

They have to get it done on Monday or I have to believe there will be changes to the core (unless the write it off as the team just missing Tavares). 

😂

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If Toronto wins, do they ask to play the next round in Buffalo? It will be against a US opponent and they won’t be able to quarantine for 14 days between games. Will have to find somewhere in the states to play. 

The league has already made plans for the winner of the Canadian division to play home games in a US city if the border is still closed. They won’t say what cities, but they will consider the opponent so travel isn’t too far.

14 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If Toronto wins, do they ask to play the next round in Buffalo? It will be against a US opponent and they won’t be able to quarantine for 14 days between games. Will have to find somewhere in the states to play. 

Detroit, please!

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Toronto or any Canadian team might as well stay in the city they are playing

Wouldn’t this give an unfair advantage to the home city? Of course we can debate the merits of “home ice advantage”. But you can bet if Toronto/Montreal lost the series it would come up. Unless, of course, your implying they just don’t allow fans into the building when Montreal/Toronto would be the “home” team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.