Bills sign DT Treyvon Hester

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Star does not take all the 1-Tech reps

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. They need other people in there, and I'm speculating that, even though someone like Hester isn't a prototypical 1-Tech, they'll throw him some snaps in camp. 

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. They need other people in there, and I'm speculating that, even though someone like Hester isn't a prototypical 1-Tech, they'll throw him some snaps in camp. 

The point is, even without this signing (I don’t know if Hester is a 1T or not), Star would be expected to share snaps with the other 1TDT who is already on the roster, as well as probably with Vernon Butler who played there some last year.

We already have another 1TDT on the roster besides Star, as well as a guy who saw time there.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not a space eater. It’s like Beane just doesn’t care about people’s feelings here.

1 tech DT is the only position they haven't signed a single new player at since last training camp.

They played last season with just one player who is considered a 1 tech............though Harrison Phillips had always been more of a high volume tackler than a traffic cone.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m starting to think McBeane doesn’t give a crap about a DT who just eats blocks. They’ll put 4 BAMFs out there and dare opposing OLs to double team someone. 

If Groot and Boogie look solid day 1 our DL might just be grossly improved. Let us hope for a healthy Harrison Phillips too, he was dang good before the double knee surgery. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1 tech DT is the only position they haven't signed a single new player at since last training camp.

They played last season with just one player who is considered a 1 tech............though Harrison Phillips had always been more of a high volume tackler than a traffic cone.

In fairness their starting 1T DT is returning this year, so that's already an upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is, even without this signing (I don’t know if Hester is a 1T or not), Star would be expected to share snaps with the other 1TDT who is already on the roster, as well as probably with Vernon Butler who played there some last year.

We already have another 1TDT on the roster besides Star, as well as a guy who saw time there.

He's not a prototypical 1T, but he does play both 1T and 3T.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Camp body. They'll probably line him up as a 1-Tech, just to put someone there. Plus, Star shouldn't have to take all the 1-Tech reps!

Didn't we draft Harrison to play 1 tech? But you are right, too many 3s not enough 1s.

• Agree 1

I'm certainly not going to claim be in charge of assembling the Bills roster, but it seems to me that they have two needs out of their front four. 

One: produce a consistent pass rush.

Two: keep the O-Linemen off of Edmunds.

I have no idea if the 2021 Roster can do either or both.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Camp body. They'll probably line him up as a 1-Tech, just to put someone there. Plus, Star shouldn't have to take all the 1-Tech reps!

They have several guys to line up at the 1: Phillips,Bryant,Butler, and another new guy,Vandecose(?)

• Like (+1) 1