Falcons want to trade Julio Jones, pats one of teams interested

On 6/4/2021 at 10:46 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Hope he doesnt end up in Balt!  Been my fav non Bill since he was a rookie, and i think hed be a total waste there.  I guess its better than Indy or NE.  Now im kinda hoping he magically stays put, but very unlikely. Bummer

Yeah, if I'm WR like Julio, I want no part of that offense with Lamar Jackson. He'll get 50 or 60 catches a year in that offense. Lamar never throws

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Depends on how we see sanders in this offense. Does he just slide down the depth behind bease in the slot? 

If he was not part of trade for Julio it would be likely we would run 4 WR, 1 RB or 4WR, 1 TE sets most of the time with Gabriel Davis rotating in to keep WRs fresh and Isaiah McKenzie rotated in for some misdirection plays when defense plays heavy.

I do however think this is idle speculation and Bills would not trade for him unless part of a massive trade.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If he was not part of trade for Julio it would be likely we would run 4 WR, 1 RB or 4WR, 1 TE sets most of the time with Gabriel Davis rotating in to keep WRs fresh and Isaiah McKenzie rotated in for some misdirection plays when defense plays heavy.

I do however think this is idle speculation and Bills would not trade for him unless part of a massive trade.

can we restructure his deal once we trade for him? Becomes pretty easy to get under cap of that happens. It would be an all in move for a super bowl 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

can we restructure his deal once we trade for him? Becomes pretty easy to get under cap of that happens. It would be an all in move for a super bowl 

There is a $40M dead cap hit if Falcons trade him.  I cannot see how Falcons can trade him unless it is a buy back contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/julio-jones-7721/

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There is a $40M dead cap hit if Falcons trade him.  I cannot see how Falcons can trade him unless it is a buy back contract.

That's if they release him, since his 2021 salary is guaranteed.  If they trade him now, they actually have a $7.75M cap hit this year and save $15.3M on the cap.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

I wish we didn't sign Sanders so I could at least hope for it to happen

Has a team ever signed and traded a player in the same off-season?

You know what, **** it. Davis can be our #5 for a year. 

Next year Sanders will be gone, we can cut Cole (😪). Hodgins/Stevenson/2022 draft pick can take over in the slot.

I'm holding out hope until I hear he got dealt to a different team.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Process said:

You know what, **** it. Davis can be our #5 for a year. 

Next year Sanders will be gone, we can cut Cole (😪). Hodgins/Stevenson/2022 draft pick can take over in the slot.

I'm holding out hope until I hear he got dealt to a different team.

As will I,

Been a fan of Julio Jones his whole NFL career. One game it might be Diggs, the next game Jones. Someones having a big day catching the football when you combine two elite WR's with an elite QB with enough arm strength to throw 80 yards down the field.

MERCY!!!  

Edited by Figster

8 hours ago, rayray808 said:

GET IT DONE!

Not with his current contract. Guys owed 18 million this season, unless he agrees to a massive pay cut then it’s not happening

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Atlanta is not taking a 40M dead money hit. They’ll trade him before they take a dead cap hit that big

15 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Yes and he will probably want a new deal anyway. I think he's great but too many leg issues with him.