Falcons want to trade Julio Jones, pats one of teams interested

On 5/20/2021 at 3:29 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

That perception that he's just a decoy when he's out there isn't reality though.    His production in the 9 games last year was on course for nearly 1400 yards.    That's elite per game production......not decoy work.   His catch rate was the highest of his career at 75%.   And he would have likely lead the NFL in yards per touch for the second straight season if he had enough touches because he had the NFL leader(Tyreek Hill) beaten by a full yard per!   

Could he fall off like AJ Green?   Maybe........but that speculation is not based on his play.......just his age.

So calling him just "above average" is a massive understatement.  

And overrated is even more absurd.    His career numbers are amazing.   As a non-fan of the Falcons perhaps you expect him to put up 150 yards per game but the guy has literally lead the NFL in yards receiving per game 3 times.   The bar might not be as high as you think it is.   If anything, he doesn't get enough credit because he is quiet and plays for a franchise that makes a habit of hiring one bad HC after the next.

This.  Those that disagree with this either have not watched Julio Jones play in the last couple years or they have no idea what they are looking at when they watch football.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Rc2catch said:

I am in Tennessee, so a lot of my local games are Atlanta and I’ve suffered through quite a few games over the years, he plays tons of decoy snaps while injured. He pushes through but he’s hobbled almost every game and constantly is in and out of the game. He was great. Maybe the older dinged up guy is above average now but he can fall off the Father Time cliff at any moment. 

If he’s getting like 1500 yards a season as a decoy, I can barely imagine his healthy potential 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why Cam Newton could help draw Julio Jones to Patriots

From this article, Jones thinks Matt Ryan regresses in deep balls but Jones wants to play with Cam Newton!!! Does him not watch any of Newton's recent deep throws?

=====================================================================

"You know who (Jones) really wants to play with? ... He wants to play with Cam Newton. He likes Cam," Holley said, as seen in the video above. "That's the other thing: He thinks (Falcons quarterback) Matt Ryan has lost a little zing on his deep ball."

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Why Cam Newton could help draw Julio Jones to Patriots

From this article, Jones thinks Matt Ryan regresses in deep balls but Jones wants to play with Cam Newton!!! Does him not watch any of Newton's recent deep throws?

"You know who (Jones) really wants to play with? ... He wants to play with Cam Newton. He likes Cam," Holley said, as seen in the video above. "That's the other thing: He thinks (Falcons quarterback) Matt Ryan has lost a little zing on his deep ball."

Unless Julio is a pretty good shortstop I don't see the worm burners that Cam throws these days leading to any kind of great production for Jones. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:46 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

He's had two seasons where he missed a lot of games......his 3rd season and his 10th season........18 total.    

In the other 8 seasons of his career he has missed a total of 7 games...........and he's put up enormous production..........his 1871 yard season is literally the second highest yardage figure a WR has ever had.

So I would say your characterization that he is injured all the time and overrated is without merit.

If I had a dollar for every time someone posts about an “injury prone” player without actually having done any fact finding on their conviction ... 😂

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 5:57 PM, Protocal69 said:

Not sure why Atlanta wants to trade Julio. They drafted Pitts, got Ridley and along with Julio sounds like it would be a explosive offense on paper

Because they have no cap space. I heard the other day that they can't sign their rookies at this point

So the big talk from the Patriots fan sites is that if they get Julio Jones they have a Super Bowl caliber roster.  I know this thread falls kinda under the Julio Jones trade speculation thread but felt it deserved it own under the assumption they feel when they get him they can go to the Super Bowl.  They think Cam's year was just a result of coming back from the shoulder surgery, my feelings are Cam is done and that they don't have any QB on the roster that could carry the team if necessary.  Here's the link for your viewing "pleasure"

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-atlanta-falcons-have-opened-the-door-for-bill-belichick-to-secure-the-missing-piece-of-a-super-bowl-roster/

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What about Davis?

He would be the equivlant to a 6th man in the NBA.  They all are not playing every snap.  The wont play 4 wide all game either.  But man thats an explosive offense.  You could argue Buffalo would have the weapons that Tompa Bay and Kc has maybe even better.  Go for it.  The Bucs and Chiefs are not going away gotta go beat them.

Edited by Mat68