Falcons want to trade Julio Jones, pats one of teams interested

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Missed that part...but still why tweet that? 

He shouldn't tweet out a story of interest that was published on a respected sports writing website?

49 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the Colts would make the most sense, they are in desperate need for a prime WR and want to win now. But let’s see if the Falcons get the offers they want or even if this rumor has any legs.

lol

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's had two seasons where he missed a lot of games......his 3rd season and his 10th season........18 total.    

In the other 8 seasons of his career he has missed a total of 7 games...........and he's put up enormous production..........his 1871 yard season is literally the second highest yardage figure a WR has ever had.

So I would say your characterization that he is injured all the time and overrated is without merit.

I am in Tennessee, so a lot of my local games are Atlanta and I’ve suffered through quite a few games over the years, he plays tons of decoy snaps while injured. He pushes through but he’s hobbled almost every game and constantly is in and out of the game. He was great. Maybe the older dinged up guy is above average now but he can fall off the Father Time cliff at any moment. 

• Agree 1

I have to think that these reports are just the Falcons trying to drum up a market for him.  No way is BB trading for him.  If JJ had been a Patriots WR, he’d have been traded away a season or two ago.  Maybe Indy is desperate enough to make a move for him, but his trade value is significantly diminished by his contract and age. 

18 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I personally don't care if he goes to a AFC East team or where ever he lands. He is not that big threat anymore, plus if he does go to Pats there may not be many passes to catch there.

He can go there to fizzle out like sanu

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I have to think that these reports are just the Falcons trying to drum up a market for him.  No way is BB trading for him.  If JJ had been a Patriots WR, he’d have been traded away a season or two ago.  Maybe Indy is desperate enough to make a move for him, but his trade value is significantly diminished by his contract and age. 

Atl will win hands down if there is a trade

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

give any of those teams julio jones, yes, he may or should help their passing game as he still has a little left in the tank. but no reason to all of sudden fear the patsies if, I say IF he were to go to the patsies. the pats dominence left when brady did, their run is over. they, along with the other afce teams will meet the same demise when facing the buffalo bills.

sweep, sweep, swept.

we have JA. we will dominate the afce for some time to come so no julio jones is going make a difference.

Agree 100 DaBillsFan1973.  (1973-The 1st year at Rich Stadium-how awesome was that!!)  Julio has been injured for what seems like the last 5 years playing indoors in the comfy confines of the Georgia Dome and Mercedes Benz stadium.  Playing outside in the Northeast come November and December, and his hamstrings will tighten up like guitar strings.  He will be lucky if he can walk by seasons end playing a bunch of games in the cold and dampness of the North!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I don’t personally consider Tanny a good QB above average at best, so I don’t really see him throwing the ball as that much of a plus.

I think he's better than the other guys on that list of teams.  Outside of Herbert.

He would be best off going to the Chargers. Young QB that is on his way to becoming Elite, great weather that helps the passing game, Keenan Allen will reduce the amount he is double-teamed, and they have 20 Million in cap room.

I don't see why he would possibly want to go to NE. Rookie qb who wasn't a top-tier guy, run first offense, and it takes a long time to learn to play wide receiver in that offense from what I've heard.

3 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Julio is an absolute physical freak WR in the mold of TO and Megatron, but he's made of glass and on the wrong side of 30.  Trading him to GB would make the most sense, it would make Rodgers happy and Julio would get a great shot at a ring.

I could see that happening, but Rodgers would need to sign an extension or restructure to get the cap room first. His cap hit is 37 Million this year and they only have 2 left to work with.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

My money is on the colts

Could be, but hoping for the Packers to keep him out of the AFC. Give Rodgers a bone, unless the Cheats* are willing to overpay and his hamstring or groin is quietly failing.....

47 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He would be best off going to the Chargers. Young QB that is on his way to becoming Elite, great weather that helps the passing game, Keenan Allen will reduce the amount he is double-teamed, and they have 20 Million in cap room.

I don't see why he would possibly want to go to NE. Rookie qb who wasn't a top-tier guy, run first offense, and it takes a long time to learn to play wide receiver in that offense from what I've heard.

He doesn't want to go anywhere