Falcons want to trade Julio Jones, pats one of teams interested

I have to think any trade would require him to restructure. I could be wrong, but I believe he is due to make something like $15M in 2021.  Also, I would be a little nervous trading anything more than a mid-round pick for an 11th year receiver with a high cap number coming off a season where he missed about 8 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Julio has always been a touch overrated for me. Great player and all that but the guy is injured what seems like weekly. I could see a team like Green Bay wanting him

Agreed!

Go ahead, Green Bay: Make Rogers (and the Bills Mafia) happy, and keep Julio out of the Dark Lord Hoodie's gnarled grasp!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Julio has always been a touch overrated for me. Great player and all that but the guy is injured what seems like weekly. I could see a team like Green Bay wanting him

I had the same reaction (maybe because he burned me in fantasy years ago, when he missed so many games with turf toe). But I was looking at his game logs, and he has at least played a lot of games in the last few years (except last year).  However, I do feel like even when he has played 16 games, he is hobbled for a lot of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

That twitter account has 3K followers. 

I seriously question the legitimacy of this rumor. To be this is piggybacking off more credible sources hoping Julio gets dealt to one of these teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

That twitter account has 3K followers. 

I seriously question the legitimacy of this rumor. To be this is piggybacking off more credible sources hoping Julio gets dealt to one of these teams. 

He's clearly citing The Athletic as the source........

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

He's had two seasons where he missed a lot of games......his 3rd season and his 10th season........18 total.    

In the other 8 seasons of his career he has missed a total of 7 games...........and he's put up enormous production..........his 1871 yard season is literally the second highest yardage figure a WR has ever had.

So I would say your characterization that he is injured all the time and overrated is without merit.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This would have been great for the Patriots if they didn't already give Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne, Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry contracts that add up to $41 Million per year.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Agreed!

Go ahead, Green Bay: Make Rogers (and the Bills Mafia) happy, and keep Julio out of the Dark Lord Hoodie's gnarled grasp!

I wish Jim McMahon was Julio's agent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

give any of those teams julio jones, yes, he may or should help their passing game as he still has a little left in the tank. but no reason to all of sudden fear the patsies if, I say IF he were to go to the patsies. the pats dominence left when brady did, their run is over. they, along with the other afce teams will meet the same demise when facing the buffalo bills.

sweep, sweep, swept.

we have JA. we will dominate the afce for some time to come so no julio jones is going make a difference.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Just now, NewEra said:

My money is on the colts

I think the Colts would make the most sense, they are in desperate need for a prime WR and want to win now. But let’s see if the Falcons get the offers they want or even if this rumor has any legs.