75 players show up for voluntary workouts

I was listening to Sirius XM the other night. I'm pretty sure it was Pat Kirwan who was stating that Chicago is trying to make it "easier" on the players to try to encourage them to show up. With this approach they got 77% to show up. He said that this is pretty crappy and quoted what other teams are getting (I don't remember specifics on the others, but probably more like 90%). His take was making it less stringent is not a good approach, players want to get better, they want to win and they feel getting pushed is going to help them reach those goals. Our 89% (if 75 of 84 ends up being the number), seems in line with the other contenders. Oddly, they didn't mention the teams that have no one attending.

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't workouts start next week? Can't player still show up over the next few days?

Voluntary OTAs start Monday. This was the first week that non-rehabbing vet players were allowed in the facility to train (phase 2) so a lot of guys are already there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm trying to figure out why it's not surprising to me that Sanders and Diggs are among the small number of players not to attend. Why does that seem unsurprising?

Likely those are veterans not coming which is not surprising for not every one can be a Jerry Rice.

If playing in the NFL is your dream, you do everything you can to make it a reality.  These players have been working almost every day for years to get this chance.  Of course all those guys attended.  

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm trying to figure out why it's not surprising to me that Sanders and Diggs are among the small number of players not to attend. Why does that seem unsurprising?

Well... I doubt that it’s going to be guys battling to make the team  that don’t show up..

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Don't know about Sanders.

Diggs trains like a total SOB at House of Athlete and Receiver Factory.  If he comes to Orchard Park just for Phase I or II, he might have to slow down?

It's not like he can run routes and catch passes

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Since it's not surprising to you, I'm guessing you're the one to answer that question.