New Episode of Bills Embedded 5/20

Looks like they got their targets , they genuinely seemed thrilled with their first 3 picks. 

I love how the DL has proven vets (Hughes,Addison, Star,Butler) and a bunch of young guys (Rousseau,  Oliver,Basham, Epenesa, Bam Bam Johnson,  Dirty Harry) I thinkEke will have a role as well. 

They'll be able to get super creative with their rotations and there is no excuses why we shouldn't have much better sacks and pressure with the money and draft capital invested. We got bigger and more physical on the DL. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Besides the reports from that Thursday night that Beane had been trying to get up ahead of the Jags (who drafted ETN)...

I had heard that the Bills were trying to trade higher up (17-ish)....of course they might have expeted Etienne to go higher.

Or, they might have wanted something else.  🤷‍♂️

Whereas the DE class was deep, but flat. Meaning, all of the guys taken in the first 2 rounds were about equally rated. No reason to try to spend extra capital to get a guy at #19, when you can get equal talent at #30 and #61. Especially a non-producer like Paye.

According to Zierlein's edge grades, you have a point: 6.39, 6.44,6.3,6.44,6.3; 6.39, 6.27, 6.29 (I don't really know whether 6.44 and 6.27 are different numbers)

But who knows how the GMs grade these guys?

He does grade Etienne significantly higher (6.71) but presumably the teams who drafted DE (and other positions) between 17 and 25 had different grades.

(Or they didn't follow their board?)

ETN is a special Offensive weapon and a huge upgrade over what we have at RB. They tried to make their move on a playmaker, but when the price was too high, they were happy to sit back at #30 and take the best DE who fell to them.

Beane wants him his draft picks.