New Episode of Bills Embedded 5/20

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Great video.   I can't fathom Terry using the "How is the weather up there?" line on Spencer Brown.   And then having it make the spliced and edited video.   

Cool inside look though.  

Total Terry line!!! hes a dominant business man so i know hes got fire, but hes a little awkward on a personal level, which is good!  Certain humbleness to it

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Total Terry line!!! hes a dominant business man so i know hes got fire, but hes a little awkward on a personal level, which is good!  Certain humbleness to it

He’s like a the sweet old grandpa. He just says whatever and everyone just chuckles 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Boyd already got an interview this past year with Houston before they had a prayer session and hired Easterby's mate. 

Get used to it.

Belichick made Easterby his right hand man for a reason.

You can't build culture thru plain old hard work way anymore.......players and their union are too sensitive to perceived abuse.

Religion is a great tool for coaches to create things like peer pressure and discipline in a touchless environment.

The Bills do such a good job with these behind the scenes specials. I also like that they spliced in the KC game in order to set the table for needs in this draft (although Addison can’t be happy his jersey flashed across the screen helplessly pursuing Mahomes in the montage about strengthening rushing the passer ability 🤔).

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The Bills do such a good job with these behind the scenes specials. I also like that they spliced in the KC game in order to set the table for needs in this draft (although Addison can’t be happy his jersey flashed across the screen helplessly pursuing Mahomes in the montage about strengthening rushing the passer ability 🤔).

Yikes. They could also have spliced in the meeting with Beane where he takes a pay cut, but that would have been cold 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

At least they didn't splice in the one of him talking a bad angle at Murray that didn't end well either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

is it just me or at the 6 min mark is that footage of Beane trying to move up in the draft?

Yes it does appear he was trying to move up in the 1st but they wanted too much. Dying to know who he called and which player he wanted 

I also wondered if they may have wanted Stokes? When he went right before them, they didn’t seem happy or anything he just said “Call Rousseau” 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah it was pretty clear Rousseau was a backup target and they really wanted someone else who went earlier, Washington should be happy he got his guy though. Basham clearly elicited more excitement from McDermott. 

Yeah but it could be just because he was really surprised that he is still available, i.e. he just saw Basham as  great value where we took him. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Yeah but it could be just because he was really surprised that he is still available, i.e. he just saw Basham as  great value where we took him. 

I like how they were going "This is crazy!" Right when they were making the pick.

19 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Beane called many picks before pick 30 for a trade up in round 1.... I wonder around what pick that was and who may have been the target?

Obviously the value was too much to give up.

Rousseau was their target

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah it was pretty clear Rousseau was a backup target and they really wanted someone else who went earlier, Washington should be happy he got his guy though. Basham clearly elicited more excitement from McDermott. 

Really?  I didn’t get this impression at all.  Seems to me like Rousseau was among a small group of players they had targeted at 30 and were delighted when he fell there.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Rousseau was their target

I want to believe so and that all the pre draft talk about ETN was just a smokescreen, but I don’t think you can tell 100% from the clip that this is the case considering how it has been edited ...

22 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Beane called many picks before pick 30 for a trade up in round 1.... I wonder around what pick that was and who may have been the target?

Obviously the value was too much to give up.

The trade up had to be for Rousseau after Jaelan Phillips and Kwity Paye were gone. They clearly targeted a DE and were so happy when the Saints took Payton Turner.

Revealed Preference (their actual draft pick) puts Rousseau over all other D linemen.

• Like (+1) 1