Stat predictions for JA and Diggs

Came across this on bleacher report and they are very bullish on Josh and Diggs  this year:

Allen established himself as one of the best dual-threat quarterbacks in the NFL in 2020. 

In addition to his 4,500-yard passing season, Allen added 421 rushing yards, which was the lowest total of his career. He led the Bills with eight rushing scores as well. 

Allen's rushing-yard total may not have been as high as previous years, but he was just seven carries shy of tying his career high of 109 attempts that was set in 2019.

With Emmanuel Sanders joining Diggs inside a loaded wide receiver room, Allen should have more incentive to air the ball out, instead of searching for yards on the ground. 

Allen attempted 572 passes inside Brian Daboll's offense, and with another experienced wide out in tow and an extra game to be played, he should go over 600 passes thrown.

If that is the case, Allen could make a push toward 5,000 passing yards, which is not as stunning of an achievement now as it may have been a few years ago with more emphasis on the passing game and the 17-game schedule in place. 

Allen averaged 11.5 yards per catch and 7.9 yards per attempt in 2020. If he increases those averages by throwing at a higher rate, he should eclipse that mark in one of the final two contests. 

Stat Prediction: 5,100 passing yards, 40 touchdown passes; 450 rushing yards, 8 touchdowns

Diggs led the NFL with 127 receptions and 1,525 receiving yards in 2020. 

Even though he was used at a high volume in Minnesota, Diggs cruised past his previous career highs in both statistical categories. 

Prior to 2020, Diggs had a single 100-catch season in 2018 and reached the 1,000-yard plateau in his final two seasons in the NFC North. 

In all but one of his six seasons, Diggs increased his receiving-yard total from the year before. The lone exception came from 2016 to 2017, when he was 55 yards shy of an increase. 

It may seem hard for Diggs to hit 1,526 yards or more in 2021, even with the 17th game in place, since Sanders is now on the roster and Cole Beasley, Gabriel Davis and others are deserving of targets. 

The lack of a dominant tight end will help Beasley, Davis and Isaiah McKenzie earn more targets from Allen. Dawson Knox had 24 receptions for 288 yards in 2020. 

If the Bills do not receive a significant increase at tight end, they could utilize Sanders and Beasley across the middle to extend drives and then count on Diggs to beat defenders on the outside. 

Diggs will still be targeted at a high rate, but if the production of other wideouts remains hot, he may not experience a 405-yard year over year surge.

Stat Prediction: 120 receptions, 1,500 yards, 9 touchdowns

That's honestly pretty close to what I expect from both of them, it's nice to see them bullish on Josh, I have read on multiple other sites to WaTcH fOr a RegResSion this year, but I don't buy it, I think josh is going to win MVP and I put 100$ on him to do just that, also FWIW they have Moss as our leading back at close to 1k yards. Anyone got any bold stat predictions for this year?

17 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

That's honestly pretty close to what I expect from both of them, it's nice to see them bullish on Josh, I have read on multiple other sites to WaTcH fOr a RegResSion this year, but I don't buy it, I think josh is going to win MVP and I put 100$ on him to do just that, also FWIW they have Moss as our leading back at close to 1k yards. Anyone got any bold stat predictions for this year?

He would need at least 235 (more than double his number last year) carries to crack 1000 yards.  

There's no way any one RB on this roster gets that many carries, unless there is a major in jury.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He would need at least 235 (more than double his number last year) carries to crack 1000 yards.  

There's no way any one RB on this roster gets that many carries, unless there is a major in jury.  

Yeah, that's why I didn't include his blurb in the article because I think it's pretty far off. I think Brieda is going to be a nice surprise and could end up leading all backs in statistics. 

Just now, BruceVilanch said:

Yeah, that's why I didn't include his blurb in the article because I think it's pretty far off. I think Brieda is going to be a nice surprise and could end up leading all backs in statistics. 

I bet you're right.

Unless the Bills are playing catchup in most of their games, I dont see Allen getting near the 4500 mark.  With the addition of Breida, the Bills will try to utilize the ground game more, limiting Allens numbers.  Diggs on the other hand will get about 110 catches with 1200 yards.

Josh will go 34/39 for 450 yards and 4 TD’s, while Diggs gets 12 catches for 145 yards and 3 TD’s......in the next Super Bowl! I just don’t know who will get the MVP award??? Have to say Josh as he also runs for 45 yards picking up three first downs. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm thinking comparable numbers to last season. Josh will be close to 5000 yards but I think he'll fall just shy. What I think would be most amazing is that Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, and Davis will all be over 1000 yards receiving. When was the last time a team had 4 1000 yard receivers in the same season?

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

When was the last time a team had 4 1000 yard receivers in the same season?

I don't think that has ever happened, I can't remember the last time there were 3, maybe the Colts with Peyton in his prime. 

I think Josh's numbers will go down slightly. I just remember him in the Houston Playoff game when he started to be a cowboy making stupid mistakes trying to out dual D. Watson instead of winning the game. I hope I am wrong but last year with no crowds I think it was easier for him to stay focused and calm to some extent. Now with the stadiums full and the year the Bills are coming off of, the stadium will be rocking I just hope Josh listens to a lot of Frank Sinatra this year in between possessions to calm his nerves or I think we will see a couple of bone headed mistakes a-la two years ago. Over pumped. 

I also hope we have a 1,000 yard rusher. I hope we build leads heading into the forth quarter and then pound the ball. It is good for the health of the team (Josh) taking less hits, it is good for the backs, takes pressure off Josh and the receivers, and it is good for the O-line (the big guys like that). I don't know which back it will be but if I had to put money on it it would be Moss. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think their numbers will be a little less eye-popping this year because we will run the ball a bit more and Sanders and Davis will get more passes thrown their way. I also think our defense will have a rebound year, taking some pressure off of our offense.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am hoping the passing numbers are slightly down because the rushing numbers are significantly up.

And I would like to see a couple of games where we just ram the ball down opponents throats and they just cant stop it.

I know Josh is capable of a 5000 yard video game season, I agree we need to be much more effective running the ball. This will make our offense so much more efficient. And our defense will be improved with Star, Rousseau and Basham. A healthy Sanders will pull some numbers off Diggs.

JA 4300, 42 tds, 6 rush tds 

Diggs  1250, 10 tds

If the league has a somewhat normal offseaon , I'm expecting defenses to be better as a whole this year. So, in turn offenses will be down a bit in the league.

I'm still expecting really good numbers, but I think it would be hard to put up better numbers than the Bills did last season.

• Agree 1

If everyone stays healthy I can't see Diggs replicating what he did last year. We are too deep at WR. Something like Diggs 1300 Davis 900 Beas 800 Sanders 600. 

Josh will have a huge year but don't expect to see him break any yardage or TD records. Our defense won't be bad enough and I expect plenty of blowouts this year. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am hoping the passing numbers are slightly down because the rushing numbers are significantly up.

And I would like to see a couple of games where we just ram the ball down opponents throats and they just cant stop it.

I'd rather have both go up

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Unless the Bills are playing catchup in most of their games, I dont see Allen getting near the 4500 mark.  With the addition of Breida, the Bills will try to utilize the ground game more, limiting Allens numbers.  Diggs on the other hand will get about 110 catches with 1200 yards.

Huh? They aren't suddenly going to start running the ball when they have leads nonstop.

The Bills throw the ball even when leading. It's 2021, teams are still throwing the ball. Allen breaks 5K yards, mostly because of the 17th game.

Edited by Big Turk