Buffalo Bills hire Sophia Lewin as offensive assistant

Many of you worried about hiring the most qualified applicant have overlooked certain synergies in the hire.  Statistically speaking, Sophia earns 70% as much as her male counterparts.  There are serious cost savings to be realized with more women in the workplace.  Its an operational advantage and just sound business.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Many of you worried about hiring the most qualified applicant have overlooked certain synergies in the hire.  Statistically speaking, Sophia earns 70% as much as her male counterparts.  There are serious cost savings to be realized with more women in the workplace.  Its an operational advantage and just sound business.

We can only hope the cost savings are either passed along to her more deserving male coworkers or used to established a foundation devoted to ending the discriminatory practices of hiring females to NFL jobs.

Any savings collected by the hiring of female assistants should go straight to us fans. I say knocking a buck or two off that $10 beer would go along way in the PR department. If they could get the number of female assistants up to between fifteen and twenty, the price of beer could be as low as 5 bucks

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, flaz said:

Any savings collected by the hiring of female assistants should go straight to us fans. I say knocking a buck or two off that $10 beer would go along way in the PR department. If they could get the number of female assistants up to between fifteen and twenty, the price of beer could be as low as 5 bucks

🤦‍♂️🤯

• Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Unqualified men get hired all the time for a variety of reasons.  I find it hard to muster the outrage that one unqualified woman may get hired solely based on gender.

This.  If concern about qualifications is the thing, why don't we see the stuff in this thread every time the Bills hire a male assistant coach?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-bring-aboard-sophia-lewin-as-offensive-assistant-hire-three-other-women-to-staff/

Lewin has a history with the Bills, as she served as a training camp assist in the past. She previously served as a quality control coach at Princeton and also was a wide receivers coach at Hudson Catholic High School in New Jersey. 

So she was a coaching assistant during training camp last season and has coached at the high school and college level.  It's not like the Bills hired someone without relevant experience, moreover since she worked for them last summer they must have liked the job she did for them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So she was a coaching assistant during training camp last season and has coached at the high school and college level.  It's not like the Bills hired someone without relevant experience, moreover since she worked for them last summer they must have liked the job she did for them.

Ah, but does she have enough experience to satisfy the cloudy-minded  misogynists that infest this place? I’m guessing no. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, Arm of Harm said:

This thread consists of two categories of people:

1) Those commenting about her physical appearance.

2) Those complaining about people in category 1.

What this thread does not consist of is anyone providing any kind of analysis of her coaching ability. Nor am I aware of any commentary on this forum about the quality of the coaching we've received from male offensive or defensive assistants. While the overwhelming majority of fans do not have the knowledge necessary to comment on subjects such as those, people people can make evaluations about her physical appearance. So that's what most are doing. If you have a valuable insight about her to add which does not pertain to her physical appearance, no one is stopping you from adding it.

I’m sure you didn’t know everything about all of the players we drafted this year. Instead of looking them up and finding out more information did you just grade them 1-10 on the hotness scale? 

Not judging, but following your logic that’s a perfectly reasonable thing to do if you don’t know anything about them. 

Where did Wildgoose rank? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Ah, but does she have enough experience to satisfy the cloudy-minded  misogynists that infest this place? I’m guessing no. 

I'm sure those bringing up the issue of "discrimination" have unearthed the job histories (prior to hire) of every male coaching assistant the Bills have hired in the last 6.5 years and prepared a chart which breaks down the experience at different level by days, to compare.

They also have access to the quality of film breakdowns and scouting reports prepared by all these individuals and have had 5 relevant coaches or players grade them on a scale of 1 to 9.

PS :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:52 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Congrats, knuckleheads. 🤦‍♂️ 1 in 15 posts ISN’T juvenile.

that's about 15x better than what I'd expect

On 5/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, Arm of Harm said:

I talked with the director of a daycare center, after observing that all the people working directly with children were women. I asked her if they'd ever hired any male employees during her time as director. She said there had been two or three over the years but they hadn't worked out. But then she corrected herself and mentioned a man who'd come in periodically and would play his guitar and sing to the children. That worked out well.

The director did not mention any effort to equalize the number of male and female employees. She did not indicate any belief that men and women have the same innate abilities to nurture young children. Nor did I think it necessary for her to do either of those things.

Think of all the deeply knowledgeable football fans you know, either in real life or through fora such as this. Now ask yourself this: of those deeply knowledgeable fans, what percentage are female? Whatever that percentage is, is probably about where the NFL should be in terms of its percentage of female coaches.

There's about 1% knowledgeable football fans on this forum so I guess the whole team should have like half of a single coach. 

Edited by jeremy2020

17 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Bro. If you don’t like this forum, find another. Why bash the entire community?

He didn't bash the ENTIRE community. Just 99%. Sounds about right 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Bro. If you don’t like this forum, find another. Why bash the entire community?

oh, so you're saying people can only like knowledgeable football fans? I don't see football knowledge and like people for who they are. 

On 5/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure those bringing up the issue of "discrimination" have unearthed the job histories (prior to hire) of every male coaching assistant the Bills have hired in the last 6.5 years and prepared a chart which breaks down the experience at different level by days, to compare.

They also have access to the quality of film breakdowns and scouting reports prepared by all these individuals and have had 5 relevant coaches or players grade them on a scale of 1 to 9.

It really is a shame that the Bills gender quota is getting in the way of another coach's son getting an assistant coaching position based on merit, of course.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/21/2021 at 9:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.  If concern about qualifications is the thing, why don't we see the stuff in this thread every time the Bills hire a male assistant coach?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-bring-aboard-sophia-lewin-as-offensive-assistant-hire-three-other-women-to-staff/

You should go read the topics of several unpopular hires in the past. Dennison and that terrible OL coach got roasted.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

You should go read the topics of several unpopular hires in the past. Dennison and that terrible OL coach got roasted.

What does this have to do with scrutiny of the resumes and qualifications of coordinators or major position coaches have to do with the last 5 years of offensive or defensive assistants?  Show me the Money ....er, the threads speculating on and dissecting the qualifications of these low level assistants (when male)

On 5/20/2021 at 5:04 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Has she hired an Asian American in any capacity?

She's the queen of social justice but she's not stupid

3 hours ago, Beerball said:

No cheating, not an open book test.

Who held the position last year?

Norm Van Brocklin?

On 5/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There are two scenarios:

1) The Bills hired the best, most capable candidate for the position, in a sport which traditionally gravitates towards male hires.

2) Due to Kim Pegula's influence, the Bills hired someone less capable than the best male candidate.

Scenario 1 would make me happy. Scenario 2 would displease me.

My concern with scenario 2 is not about whether the Bills have the best possible offensive assistant. It's more the question: what happens after Terry dies and Kim inherits the team? Will she choose the best, most capable candidates for open positions at head coach or general manager? Or, will she choose someone other than the most capable candidate available, due to her ideological objectives?

As usual, there's nothing I or any other fan can do about any of this. All I can do is sit back, hope that we're looking at scenario 1 for this hire, and that we'll continue looking at scenario 1 situations after Kim becomes the sole owner. In addition, I wish Terry Pegula a very long and happy life. :)

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1