Buffalo Bills hire Sophia Lewin as offensive assistant

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would side hug the ***** out of that

Dirty old man.

Raquel Welch, don’t forget that 100 million Bc girl from the 60’s.

I know my mom was always enamored with Paul Newman, Robert Redford, and Steve McQueen, the ultimate cool guy.

the reasonable guys on the board, thanks for not insinuating a female coach has to be attractive.  Do I need to insert some of the horribly ugly men who are gods as coaches and no one cares.  Lombardy is a good example.  That man hit the ugly tree all the way down, but does anyone really care?

I teased before and of course Chand did a better job than me with eloquence, but if she’s freakin good, who gives a crap.

If you are the elephant man, kidding, but you make our line and rb group be the #1 running team in the nation coupled with the top #2 passing team, you care?

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

You would have long, grey hair too if Rex Ryan was your brother.

Well I do know that I'd always be wearing socks and some sort of footwear if he was nearby

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Well this thread devolved in record time, as expected. Is the urge to engage in scumbaggery that irresistible?

This thread consists of two categories of people:

1) Those commenting about her physical appearance.

2) Those complaining about people in category 1.

What this thread does not consist of is anyone providing any kind of analysis of her coaching ability. Nor am I aware of any commentary on this forum about the quality of the coaching we've received from male offensive or defensive assistants. While the overwhelming majority of fans do not have the knowledge necessary to comment on subjects such as those, people people can make evaluations about her physical appearance. So that's what most are doing. If you have a valuable insight about her to add which does not pertain to her physical appearance, no one is stopping you from adding it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

What this thread does not consist of is anyone providing any kind of analysis of her coaching ability. Nor am I aware of any commentary on this forum about the quality of the coaching we've received from male offensive or defensive assistants. While the overwhelming majority of fans do not have the knowledge necessary to comment on subjects such as those, people people can make evaluations about her physical appearance. So that's what most are doing. If you have a valuable insight about her to add which does not pertain to her physical appearance, no one is stopping you from adding it.

No one has discussed the possible link between a woman co-owning an NFL franchise and these hires either.  Is that a factor?  Perhaps, although I know some will say that McD hires whomever he wants.  We don't know, but it's reasonable to establish the connection between the co-owner and these hires.     

FWIW, Rex Ryan hired a female coach, Kathryn Smith, who served as an assistant in 2015 and 2016.  For whatever reason (and I'm not speculating about her coaching ability) she has not returned to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

FWIW, Rex Ryan hired a female coach, Kathryn Smith, who served as an assistant in 2015 and 2016.  For whatever reason (and I'm not speculating about her coaching ability) she has not returned to the NFL.

Afraid to show her feet in public.  Traumatized by Wrecks.

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

Yeah and that’s relevant to what, exactly? Certainly not her job, which is what the thread is (or supposed to be) about.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

No one has discussed the possible link between a woman co-owning an NFL franchise and these hires either.  Is that a factor?  Perhaps, although I know some will say that McD hires whomever he wants.  We don't know, but it's reasonable to establish the connection between the co-owner and these hires.     

Several media members that report on the Bills actually have pointed out that Kim Pegula has been vocal in promoting female candidates for front office and coaching jobs in the NFL. I believe Kim herself has spoken about it. So, sure, it’s valid to discuss that connection. At least more valid than cracking jokes about her appearance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shady, thanks for sharing.  If she’s the best for her role we have the opportunity to pick up, then great.  Not a fan of hiring for a quota, but I do think you work harder at expanding the net for people of different backgrounds as leaders like the Pegulas and Coaches.

You can hire for potential as well though, no? I know potential falls into best for the role, but is often discounted when talking about situations like this. When I hire people, I typically look for skills that the person has no business having given their previous experience and job titles. Shows they are curious and eager to grow, learn and expand their skill set with all the tools available in their sphere, not just what is handed to them. Also tells me they likely have a chip on their shoulder because most likely they had to ignore people saying "why can't you just do it the way you're told" and likely have been undervalued for promotions and such because they try to solve root cause problems, not just do the minimum.

Nit involved in too many hires, but have helped hire several incredible people that way, where I had to fight to get their resume out of a garbage can and bring them in for an interview and they blew everyone away.

2 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Right. Better to proudly display your stupidity than keep it all inside and not comment. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

If this is true, I’d expect a discrimination suit. Unacceptable workplace behavior. 

It’s absolutely true. If you have a problem with it I suppose that’s your right. 

20 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

You can hire for potential as well though, no? I know potential falls into best for the role, but is often discounted when talking about situations like this. When I hire people, I typically look for skills that the person has no business having given their previous experience and job titles. Shows they are curious and eager to grow, learn and expand their skill set with all the tools available in their sphere, not just what is handed to them. Also tells me they likely have a chip on their shoulder because most likely they had to ignore people saying "why can't you just do it the way you're told" and likely have been undervalued for promotions and such because they try to solve root cause problems, not just do the minimum.

Nit involved in too many hires, but have helped hire several incredible people that way, where I had to fight to get their resume out of a garbage can and bring them in for an interview and they blew everyone away.

HB, I have managed and hired people for over a decade.  Yes, you’re comments are well deserved as always, but past performance does predict future performance.  That’s why most people start low and work their way up.  You can work you’re way up or down in a  career.

The reality is I haven’t read anything about her accomplishments at any level to know whether she is a solid coach or not.  Her gender has no bearing on her skills.  Lots of very successful coaches played if at all at the lowest level in some sports, but they are darn good at recognizing and teaching skills.

A small example is my oldest son is a D1 athlete on a full scholarship.  He’s great and is an average coach when working with younger guys.  My middle son was a good athlete, but not a great one, yet he is an excellent teacher and can relate so well to younger athletes and was born to coach.

Im not going to judge this young coach.  I doubt seriously McD is participating in a gender experiment.  I think he doesn’t care what people think and will have his coaches under him decide whether she is the best at the role.  I don’t see this as a gimmick.  It’s kind of sad so many think just because she is a woman that there is a possibility of this situation.

if she stinks, the players will know it and she’ll be gone.

Edited by machine gun kelly