Has The Woke killed comedy?

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes, lol.... “could have”.  

How could I be clearer in the point I’m making?   What are you missing?

Did you read the articles you posted? 

Edited by 716er

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

Did you read the article you posted? 

Yes... did you???

Let me try this again. 

Twitter and Facebook were deleting articles, banning and suspending people who posited that the Coronavirus “could have” stemmed from a lab leak in Wuhan.  

Now, here we are in May of 2021, and there are growing calls to investigate the origins of the virus, with many leading health experts (as evidenced by multiple sources in this thread now), open to the idea that the Coronavirus “could have” originated as a leak from the Wuhan lab.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s often easier to allow someone else to do the thinking and go along then do the heavy lifting personally.  

Your point on the Wuhan virus is lost on folks like that, but God bless you for trying. 

yeah i spent alot of time doing reseach papers on here only to get a "nuh uh". had a few good convos on here where i learned alot and so did the other participant.

i could tell from the start this would not be one of them. so he can have the "not gunna back it up" victory. it would not have changed the outcome regardless.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Yes... did you???

Let me try this again. 

Twitter and Facebook were deleting articles, banning and suspending people who posited that the Coronavirus “could have” stemmed from a lab leak in Wuhan.  

Now, here we are in May of 2021, and there are growing calls to investigate the origins of the virus, with many leading health experts (as evidenced by multiple sources in this thread now), open to the idea that the Coronavirus “could have” originated as a leak from the Wuhan lab.  

Hold on a second, when did the thinking that it didn't come a from a lab in China start? I missed that somehow.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Proof on the bolded claims? 

Time to get off Twitter and Facebook and live life outside social media. 

1 minute ago, 716er said:

I’ll graciously accept this goalpost shift as you acknowledging the L you’ve received. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"Now, in a letter in the journal Science, 18 prominent biologists—including the world’s foremost coronavirus researcher—are lending their weight to calls for a new investigation of all possible origins of the virus, and calling on China’s laboratories and agencies to “open their records” to independent analysis.

“We must take hypotheses about both natural and laboratory spillovers seriously until we have sufficient data,” the scientists write.

The letter, which was organized by the Stanford University microbiologist David Relman and the University of Washington virologist Jesse Bloom, takes aim at a recent joint study of covid origins undertaken by the World Health Organization and China, which concluded that a bat virus likely reached humans via an intermediate animal and that a lab accident was “extremely unlikely.”

That conclusion was not scientifically justified..."

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/05/13/1024866/investigation-covid-origin-wuhan-china-lab-biologists-letter/amp/

Why was social media censoring ANY of this at all?

Almost like there were people behind the virus.  

People with a great relationship with Silicon Valley.

Wonder who they could be?

China has a lot of influence over the social media platforms and they never hesitate to do the bidding of the CCP by censoring and identifying critics of their government.  They block what they're told to block from the public on the mainland.  So by extension they have no issue with censoring any stories with "fact checkers" and "mis-information" designations when it comes to COVID origin stories.  These tech corporations are also in lockstep with US intelligence agencies and perform information gathering functions for them too.  So while they view themselves as "left leaning" and "progressives" they are in reality agents of government oppression.  I don't know how others view this but from my perspective traditional liberal doctrine was opposed to big government and oppression not the servant and partner of such nefarious agencies and operatives.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 hours ago, 716er said:

Do you actually believe twitter and Facebook are not deleting articles and suspending people they disagree with? Wow talk about being insulated, I have not been on Facebook in 5 years and never on Twitter but even I know they are doing it 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, 716er said:

From the horses mouth. I believe  “Misinformation” is information they feel is wrong.  Why not post it all and let us do our own research and decide.  I hate that they

(Twitter FB et al) feel it’s their job to determine what’s correct and what’s false. 

https://about.fb.com/news/2020/04/covid-19-misinfo-update/

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...
22 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

You listen to and watch great classic comics like Pryor and Carlin and they simply take apart and attack the establishment.  Fast forward to today and guys like Colbert not only don't attack the establishment, they dutifully support it by being critical of people that question it. 

What goes through their mind during the conversation is this. 

How dare anyone attempt to apply critical thinking and logic in questioning the official narratives about everything that the government provides to you.  No discussion and debate is allowed.  The words of our omnipotent overlords shall not be challenged.  You will believe what you are told to believe.  And if you continue to question the narratives I will be forced to name you the name we dare not speak.  I will accuse you of the worst possible transgression, being a "Trump supporter".    A disciple of the messenger of Satan.  And as such you should be burned at the stake for expression such words. 

And that's a glimpse into the mind of the insane "Progressive" movement.       

As for Colbert, I guess it like they say "when a persons livelihood depends on not believing something its impossible to get them to believe it".  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You listen to and watch great classic comics like Pryor and Carlin and they simply take apart and attack the establishment.  Fast forward to today and guys like Colbert not only don't attack the establishment, they dutifully support it by being critical of people that question it. 

What goes through their mind during the conversation is this. 

How dare anyone attempt to apply critical thinking and logic in questioning the official narratives about everything that the government provides to you.  No discussion and debate is allowed.  The words of our omnipotent overlords shall not be challenged.  You will believe what you are told to believe.  And if you continue to question the narratives I will be forced to name you the name we dare not speak.  I will accuse you of the worst possible transgression, being a "Trump supporter".    A disciple of the messenger of Satan.  And as such you should be burned at the stake for expression such words. 

And that's a glimpse into the mind of the insane "Progressive" movement.       

As for Colbert, I guess it like they say "when a persons livelihood depends on not believing something its impossible to get them to believe it".  

Colbert is 1) a staunch lib 2) obviously fearful of being canceled, which might be more important in the context of this but.

Stuart is fantastic here. 

• 2 weeks later...

CHRISTOPHER BEDFORD: Why Saving Comedy Is So Crucial To Saving America.

Real humor requires risk-taking — it requires saying something that will surprise and, sometimes, appall the listener. So why should we be surprised that humor is vanishing?

People aren’t dumb. They’ve looked around, and they see that telling the wrong joke — or even simply laughing at one — is a quick way to destroy your life; better to just suffer in silence and watch old Eddie Murphy clips from the 1980s like they’re banned readings in the Soviet Union, which, soon, they might well be.

Most of the funniest comedy today comes from anonymous people online — the people who make internet memes and run anonymous Twitter accounts. Think about that: Random idiots on the internet are way funnier than professional comedians paid millions of dollars a year for one simple reason — only anonymous people can actually be funny without fear.

Read the whole thing.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/06/why-saving-comedy-is-so-crucial-to-saving-america/

On 5/21/2021 at 1:19 PM, 716er said:

I'll take that as a resounding no.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/1/31/21115589/coronavirus-wuhan-china-myths-hoaxes-facebook-social-media-tiktok-twitter-wechat

False: China built a biological weapon that was leaked from a lab in Wuhan

Right now, it’s not clear where this new strain of coronavirus originated. Officials believe it may be linked to a seafood market in Wuhan, but scientists still aren’t exactly sure how or where it developed.

Edited by Tenhigh

An underrated death by the woke.  One of America's unique contributions to the world - comics.  But this has been going on for a few decades.  Must be why they suck now.

Batman Writer Slams American Comics as ‘Too Political’

He says it explains Japanese Manga’s Market Domination

Chuck Dixon, longtime Batman writer and creator of the popular villain Bane, has an explanation: American comics are too political.

Dixon went on to contrast the artistry of the Manga approach with what he sees as a lack of creativity from American creators that results in ham-fisted political messaging.

“But here, what do we get? We get superheroes and poorly done superheroes,” he said. “There really isn’t anything else at the mainstream companies. It’s superheroes, superheroes, superheroes. And they are all avatars for the writers’ political agenda. And they’re kind of tiresome. They’re not particularly well drawn. They’re not particularly well-realized....”

“Our fear is that today’s young comic-book readers are being ill-served by a medium that often presents heroes as morally compromised or no different from the criminals they battle,” he wrote with co-author Paul Rivoche. “With the rise of moral relativism, ‘truth, justice and the American way’ have lost their meaning.”

The pair then described a trend that has only grown since they published their essay. “A new code, less explicit but far stronger, replaced the old: a code of political correctness and moral ambiguity,” they said. “If you disagreed with mostly left-leaning editors, you stayed silent.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/batman-writer-slams-american-comics-as-too-political

They really should just say it.  It's not that they're political.  There is politics to everything.  It's that everything is leftist politics and to oppose that group think will cost you your career.  

We're only just beginning to see the biggest creative brain drain in human history thanks to the Cult of Woke.  

Writers and editorial rooms filed with lunatics that are filtering plots to fit the "correct" narratives and make sure the "correct" characters are cast.

Hollywood is over compensating for decades of racism it really is quite embarrassing.