Has The Woke killed comedy?

18 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

like i said "its" a waste of time. 

the fact you have no clue what the f- im talking about means you already get to much of your information on message boards. 

just know it was a horrable example. stop defending it. it doesnt look good.

Legit not going to explain your position?

Good day.

(Parler is not canceled - the Republican dweebs who said they would go there still haven't)

Edited by 716er

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Legit not going to explain your position?

Good day.

(Parler was never cancelled - the Republican dweebs who said they would go there still haven't)

Amazon deplatformed Parler, and forced them to remake their social media site.

Also, the former President of the United States is still banned from having a social media account on FB/Twitter/IG.   You can think whatever you want of him, but that is insane.  

These tech companies were built off government assistance and protections, and have essentially become the “town square”.   They have far too much power.   It’s time to treat them as the utilities they are.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

forced them to remake their social media site.

Amazon forced Parler to remake their site? What?

I knew Apple and Amazon decided not to allow Parler to be downloaded in their stores.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Also, the former President of the United States is still banned from having a social media account on FB/Twitter/IG.   You can think whatever you want of him, but that is insane.  

He's banned for breaking rules he was warned about by each entity multiple times. Tough *****, IMO.

Perhaps he shouldn't have used those platforms to incite an insurrection. 

He's the former leader (still is loll) of the party of personal responsibility, right?

Edited by 716er

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

Amazon forced Parler to remake their site? What?

I knew Apple and Amazon decided not to allow Parler to be downloaded in their stores.

He's banned for breaking rules he was warned about by each entity multiple times. Tough *****, IMO.

If Parler wanted to be hosted by Amazon, they had to follow a list of arbitrary requirements in order to do so AFTER being shut down. (At the urging of Dem Politicans)  Their original social media app was essentially canceled.   So yes, you can now download Parler, but it’s not the same, and that doesn’t erase what happened to them a few months ago.  

Ahhh.. “he broke the rules”.... would those be the mystical rules that are arbitrarily enforced by Twitter and Facebook?  

Regardless, we should all stand up to censorship, because eventually it will come for you.   Finally, those on the right have stopped whining about cancel culture and started actively canceling & attacking people/corporations back.   

You may be fine defending tech oligarchs and big corporations now, but the tide is turning and I’m willing to bet you won’t hold this same energy when it boomerangs back at your ideals. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ll opine this, DJT existence dumbed down most comedic writers’ creativity. I remember Fallon’s opening monologue would be 7 or 8 jokes and usually 6 or 7 were Trump jokes every single night. Even haters got tired of the repetition... 

So Trump killed comedy? That rat bastard.

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, 716er said:

Being banned from a private platform for breaking rules you were warned about is not censorship

We can agree to disagree.

Because they were arbitrary.  Fake.  And he never broke any of them anyway.

Ds used the fake insurrection as fuel for our arbiters of truth and justice in Silicon Valley to ban him.  

I don't want to boycott anything over their political views.  I don't want to have to delete my social media accounts bc I hate Jack Dorsey.  I speak for nearly every conservative in America who will tell you this. 

The cowards on the Left don't feel the same way.  They need to ban Because it's in their DNA anyway (power and control), and because they can't handle facts.  

Social media is now one giant collective safe space for liberals.  Created by liberals.  That claim they support democracy and free speech.  That's their right to live in their own cocoon of fakeness. 

While they ban Trump, censor doctors, and do business in China agreeing to the CCPs rules.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because they were arbitrary.  Fake.  And he never broke any of them anyway.

Ds used the fake insurrection as fuel for our arbiters of truth and justice in Silicon Valley to ban him.  

I don't want to boycott anything over their political views.  I don't want to have to delete my social media accounts bc I hate Jack Dorsey.  I speak for nearly every conservative in America who will tell you this. 

The cowards on the Left don't feel the same way.  They need to ban Because it's in their DNA anyway (power and control), and because they can't handle facts.  

Social media is now one giant collective safe space for liberals.  Created by liberals.  That claim they support democracy and free speech.  

While they ban Trump, censor doctors, and do business in China agreeing to the CCPs rules.  

People were literally banned/suspended from Twitter, with their findings/articles deleted, who opined that the Coronavirus may have originated in the Wuhan lab. 

It was labeled fake news, with COVID-19 disclaimer labels, then deleted, then some of those people pushing the theory were suspended and/or banned for pushing “misleading information”.  

Fast forward to May of 2021 and many leading health experts now believe it could have originated in the wuhan lab. 

How can people not see how dangerous this is?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

Idiot-4.jpg

It already happened.

March 2020.

The protesters on January 6 wanted to remind everyone of that.  So did the police that let them in for selfies.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

many leading health experts now believe it could have originated in the wuhan lab. 

Name 5 of these "many leading health experts" 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It already happened.

March 2020.

The protesters on January 6 wanted to remind everyone of that.  So did the police that let them in for selfies.  

How could the woke have killed comedy while at the same time your unwoke bull#### makes one laugh and laugh?

Edited by 716er
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

Name 5 of these "many leading health experts" 

I stated “could have”, as that possibility was what was being attacked by our social media truth ministers, and it took me literally 2 seconds to google search and find a non-right leaning article to back up what I’m saying..

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/983156340/theory-that-covid-came-from-a-chinese-lab-takes-on-new-life-in-wake-of-who-repor

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I stated “could have”, as that possibility was what was being attacked by our social media truth ministers, and it took me literally 2 seconds to google search and find a non-right leaning article to back up what I’m saying..

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/983156340/theory-that-covid-came-from-a-chinese-lab-takes-on-new-life-in-wake-of-who-repor

I'm waiting for you to name 5 leading health experts who claim what you said. That doesn't exist in your article.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

People were literally banned/suspended from Twitter, with their findings/articles deleted, who opined that the Coronavirus may have originated in the Wuhan lab. 

It was labeled fake news, with COVID-19 disclaimer labels, then deleted, then some of those people pushing the theory were suspended and/or banned for pushing “misleading information”.  

Fast forward to May of 2021 and many leading health experts now believe it could have originated in the wuhan lab. 

How can people not see how dangerous this is?

It’s often easier to allow someone else to do the thinking and go along then do the heavy lifting personally.  

Your point on the Wuhan virus is lost on folks like that, but God bless you for trying. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

"Now, in a letter in the journal Science, 18 prominent biologists—including the world’s foremost coronavirus researcher—are lending their weight to calls for a new investigation of all possible origins of the virus, and calling on China’s laboratories and agencies to “open their records” to independent analysis.

“We must take hypotheses about both natural and laboratory spillovers seriously until we have sufficient data,” the scientists write.

The letter, which was organized by the Stanford University microbiologist David Relman and the University of Washington virologist Jesse Bloom, takes aim at a recent joint study of covid origins undertaken by the World Health Organization and China, which concluded that a bat virus likely reached humans via an intermediate animal and that a lab accident was “extremely unlikely.”

That conclusion was not scientifically justified..."

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/05/13/1024866/investigation-covid-origin-wuhan-china-lab-biologists-letter/amp/

Why was social media censoring ANY of this at all?

Almost like there were people behind the virus.  

People with a great relationship with Silicon Valley.

Wonder who they could be?

• Like (+1) 2