What will josh allens contract look like?

3 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

The dollar amount doesn't  matter its all about the guaranteed money....

Okay.  League minimum.  Fully guaranteed. 

3 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

12 years 17.7% of cap 100 million guaranteed 

Can they legally do that considering the CBA is up in 2030?  I think it's a good idea.

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And I won’t begrudge the man a single dime of it—a Buffalo soldier through and through!

buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-jum

If he does this again after signing that contract I’m gonna be pissed

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm guessing 6 year/250 million, give or take twenty dollars.

Not happening but I’d be extremely happy if It did 

Edited by John from Riverside

8 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

I can see 5 years  $230 million with $200 million  guaranteed.With a no trade kicker thrown in.... I think allen takes this and gives the bill a slight discount

Year 1  30

year 2 35

year 3  45

year 4 55

year 5 65

Thoughts?

Well it will be type written  and have numbers and $$$$$

Edited by Xwnyer
More info

9 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

I can see 5 years  $230 million with $200 million  guaranteed.With a no trade kicker thrown in.... I think allen takes this and gives the bill a slight discount

Year 1  30

year 2 35

year 3  45

year 4 55

year 5 65

Thoughts?

No

8 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Beane will get the most cap friendly deal he can even from Allen. My guess is you’ll see 8 years 310 million(slight discount) with 250 million guaranteed

Gonzo, I’d love an 8 year deal, and the guarantee can be backloaded and then with the ability o go back to the bank of Josh to leave room to convert more to signing bonus to spread out as an out when we need $ like they did this year with Mahomes.  You’re avg. is $38 mil., so I’m guessing it moves to a $41 mil.avg. As higher than Dak, but spread out.  

By several Accts., the cap projections which who knows of accurate early estimates.

2021 $181.5 mil.

2022 $203.5 mil.

2023 $225 mil.

2024 $255 mil.

With these tv contracts they project the back half of the decade is going to keep ascending to at least $350 mil.

Even of these are just guesses, the contract for Beane is going to be with what their capologists are guessing as they have to figure in Edmunds, and all the others they are guessing will make extensions.  That’s way too much math for me, but Beane is weighing out all if these opportunity costs to see what keeps the team sustainable.

I made a lot of assumptions, but they were educated guesses and I don’t have Beane’s inside info.  I trust Beane in that he’s looking at all of these things.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Year 1- Money

Year 2- More money

Year 3- Big money

Year 4- Even bigger money

Year 5- Giant check money

Year 6- Probably need an extension to bring down cap money

Thanks capologist.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If he does this again after signing that contract I’m gonna be pissed

Not happening but I’d be extremely happy if It did 

Hey, avoiding a hit is always better than absorbing one! 😁. Plus you gotta love the heart on this guy—that’s all I’m sayin’. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:
6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If I were a betting man, I’d say probably black ink on a white background.. But I’ve been wrong before..

Bills blue ink or no deal gets signed. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I picture a layer of money 2 feet deep filling the lower bowl of Highmark stadium and Josh laying in the middle of it slowly beginning the count.....much like McDonalds it will be millions and millions.....

13 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

12 years 17.7% of cap 100 million guaranteed 

Interesting notion, salary as a percentage of cap.  Makes some sense to me.  Won't be done, but does make sense.

13 hours ago, Putin said:

6 years - 258 million 

This seems about right to me.

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If I were a betting man, I’d say probably black ink on a white background.. But I’ve been wrong before..

Ink? White background? Good you didn't say papyrus. You old fogey!

16 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

I can see 5 years  $230 million with $200 million  guaranteed.

Thoughts?

Imo, the contract will be longer duration. My guess is 7 years/$300 million. I don't have any guesses on the guaranteed amount

• Haha (+1) 1