What will josh allens contract look like?

I can see 5 years  $230 million with $200 million  guaranteed.With a no trade kicker thrown in.... I think allen takes this and gives the bill a slight discount

Year 1  30

year 2 35

year 3  45

year 4 55

year 5 65

Thoughts?

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The longer the contract the better.  Mahomes contract was actually very team friendly.  I seriously doubt under you’re scenario the Bills would guarantee $200 of $230.

Was thinking the same...

42 minutes ago, arcadia bob said:

I can see 5 years  $230 million with $200 million  guaranteed.With a no trade kicker thrown in.... I think allen takes this and gives the bill a slight discount

Year 1  30

year 2 35

year 3  45

year 4 55

year 5 65

Thoughts?

I think it’ll be slightly longer and way more backloaded, but you’ve got a pretty good jumping off point.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Was thinking the same...

I hear you but I don't think they can go lower  the way The QB market is going. Hard to believe but I think 200 gauranteed is going to be a steal when you look at it 3 years down the road.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The longer the contract the better.  Mahomes contract was actually very team friendly.  I seriously doubt under you’re scenario the Bills would guarantee $200 of $230.

Yes. The longer the better because the Bills can push money back if they need to. 

The average can't change a whole lot. He'll slot in between Mahomes' $45 million and Prescott's $40 million. 

We'll likely see it look like this in the end... 

1 - Mahomes 

2 - Allen

3 - Jackson 

4 - Mayfield 

5 - Prescott 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Beane will get the most cap friendly deal he can even from Allen. My guess is you’ll see 8 years 310 million(slight discount) with 250 million guaranteed

I don’t think Josh will soak them for every cent he can get. He’s not that kind of guy, I’m guessing. He wants to win. I know I’d rather compete at the highest level than have an “extra” $30 mil on top of my hundreds of millions. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a HUGE fan of money, but once I have a couple hundred MILLION in the bank, the next increment will not drive me as much as happiness. 

The contract will “look like” a VERY long document, with MANY digits and commas. Good for him, good for us! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

After looking at Mahomes contract the guarantee I  suggested may be high on the guarantee money but not by much.The Bills have not had a decent Qb in forever and I don't think they will screw around with his contract.Not a time mess with the fan base over a contract.I think they will steep up and pay the man.If the its  a bit high so be it if it brings Sb Or 2 who will care about the contract?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think Josh will soak them for every cent he can get. He’s not that kind of guy, I’m guessing. He wants to win. I know I’d rather compete at the highest level than have an “extra” $30 mil on top of my hundreds of millions. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a HUGE fan of money, but once I have a couple hundred MILLION in the bank, the next increment will not drive me as much as happiness. 

The contract will “look like” a VERY long document, with MANY digits and commas. Good for him, good for us! 

That is cheaper than going rate thats under 40 million a year which is around what the QBs are getting in annual salary, in this scenario, Allen would be getting 38.5 a cheap discount. I guess you could argue maybe he would take 35 to keep opportunities to win but we'll see.