Stadium area bars...AFTER the game

28 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

That's the plan! I think at 45 I finally grew up

So don't expect to be able to fly out of the Stadium and get in an Uber right after the game, there tend to be long lines in the 1st post-game wave.  So find a tailgate with some crazy stuff going on, or better yet take a walk to the Big Tree.  You'll wait 45 minutes for a beer, drink it in 15, and then it'll be time to walk 3 miles to the Uber lot at ECC. At that point it'll be about 12:30am, you'll be shot, and the uber can take you straight to your Hamburg motel.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So don't expect to be able to fly out of the Stadium and get in an Uber right after the game, there tend to be long lines in the 1st post-game wave. 

I have been very fortunate flying out after 1 pm games. I am a United customer and they have had a long-time 7:30 pm departing flight from Buffalo. I can connect thru to Richmond and home between 11-midnight. By 6 pm, 30 mins from OP to airport via Uber or rental car. Two hours to party after the game which has become much sweeter since winning has been re-established.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Info said:

I have been very fortunate flying out after 1 pm games. I am a United customer and they have had a long-time 7:30 pm departing flight from Buffalo. I can connect thru to Richmond and home between 11-midnight. By 6 pm, 30 mins from OP to airport via Uber or rental car. Two hours to party after the game which has become much sweeter since winning has been re-established.

By flying, I meant hurrying.   Good that you can get home before too late though.  

34 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So don't expect to be able to fly out of the Stadium and get in an Uber right after the game, there tend to be long lines in the 1st post-game wave.  So find a tailgate with some crazy stuff going on, or better yet take a walk to the Big Tree.  You'll wait 45 minutes for a beer, drink it in 15, and then it'll be time to walk 3 miles to the Uber lot at ECC. At that point it'll be about 12:30am, you'll be shot, and the uber can take you straight to your Hamburg motel.  

I love the Big Tree. Is Danny's open late on gameday?

What I don't understand is, by 12:30, why would he have to walk three miles to get an uber? Would having another drink eliminate the walk? I typically pick a drink over a walk. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I love the Big Tree. Is Danny's open late on gameday?

What I don't understand is, by 12:30, why would he have to walk three miles to get an uber? Would having another drink eliminate the walk? I typically pick a drink over a walk. 

Because after the game the only place to get an uber is the ECC lot.  It's not quite 3 miles, but probably a very solid 2.  And I usually pick 3 over a walk.  

Edited by Tenhigh

21 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Because after the game the only place to get an uber is the ECC lot.  It's not quite 3 miles, but probably a very solid 2.  And I usually pick 3 over a walk.  

Jump the fence in the right spot and closer.  God we sound like we’re still in HS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I agree about right "after the game". There has to be a time when an uber (or cab) will come to the Big Tree. No? Have to wait until the next day? That's kinda hard for me to believe. 

Just now, The Dean said:

I agree about right "after the game". There has to be a time when an uber (or cab) will come to the Big Tree. No? Have to wait until the next day? That's kinda hard for me to believe. 

Might even be an uber driver who went to the game, who's already there.  Then of course you have to decide if you want to ride with that driver. 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

Might even be an uber driver who went to the game, who's already there.  Then of course you have to decide if you want to ride with that driver. 😄

It's a few hours at least until they can come around the stadium.

8 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Take an Uber, to, and fro'.

Stay safe.

Beware! Uber is not to be trusted the way it used to be. I’ve been stranded a few times recently getting “no drivers available” response despite fares that were 3-5 times what they used to be. It has lead to some canceled trips and one 4 mile walk home. Not the end of the world in that case (despite hot, rainy weather), but anything much longer than that would have REALLY pissed me off. 

I was a HUGE Uber fan before the pandemic, but you should be aware they have a serious issue right now. No way of knowing if/when it will be fixed. Uber is spending $250 million to get drivers back on the road. We were in a college town a few weeks ago (Asheville, NC) where I would have expected better coverage (college kids for beer money) but’s it was spotty by day, and non-existent at night. 

End of PSA. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

It's a few hours at least until they can come around the stadium.

It's not even that long, I've had friends spend an hour at Danny's after the game and get one there to take them downtown.

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Beware! Uber is not to be trusted the way it used to be. I’ve been stranded a few times recently getting “no drivers available” response despite fares that were 3-5 times what they used to be. It has lead to some canceled trips and one 4 mile walk home. Not the end of the world in that case (despite hot, rainy weather), but anything much longer than that would have REALLY pissed me off. 

I was a HUGE Uber fan before the pandemic, but you should be aware they have a serious issue right now. No way of knowing if/when it will be fixed. Uber is spending $250 million to get drivers back on the road. We were in a college town a few weeks ago (Asheville, NC) where I would have expected better coverage (college kids for beer money) but’s it was spotty by day, and non-existent at night. 

End of PSA. 

4 mile walk home? Sure great for the health but I'd be pissed AF 

That's a legitimate 2-5 hour walk depending on condition

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

4 mile walk home? Sure great for the health but I'd be pissed AF 

That's a legitimate 2-5 hour walk depending on condition

That was roughy 3.5- 4 miles and an hour for me, but I try to walk that pretty regularly. Did that much today at a park with the puppy, in fact.

No a huge deal on that day, but I used Uber a LOT before Covid, often for much greater distances. I’m a pretty big stickler on alcohol and driving, even more than I used to be.  Uber made the world a better place. 

Wife used to travel almost weekly for work. What used to be a $25-30 ride to the airport was $83 to get home after a trip to her niece’s wedding a few weeks ago. Praying that gets fixed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

That was roughy 3.5- 4 miles and an hour for me, but I try to walk that pretty regularly. Did that much today at a park with the puppy, in fact.

No a huge deal on that day, but I used Uber a LOT before Covid, often for much greater distances. I’m a pretty big stickler on alcohol and driving, even more than I used to be.  Uber made the world a better place. 

Wife used to travel almost weekly for work. What used to be a $25-30 ride to the airport was $83 to get home after a trip to her niece’s wedding a few weeks ago. Praying that gets fixed. 

What kind of puppy you have?

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What kind of puppy you have?

The old gal is about to turn 12 this summer, and she’s slowing down. Both Golden Retrievers, and the puppy is 8 months. She’s my 7th Golden, and we’ve reached out to an amazing breeder for my 8th, and most likely final, Golden. They have a 2-3 year wait list. The newest puppy will become the teacher if plans work out. Man’s best friend! 

You don’t have to train a puppy if you have a trained adult. I would give a command, and the puppy’s head would swivel to the adult dog to see what she was supposed to do. Been down that road several times. Amazing how the old teach the young! 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

The old gal is about to turn 12 this summer, and she’s slowing down. Both Golden Retrievers, and the puppy is 8 months. She’s my 7th Golden, and we’ve reached out to an amazing breeder for my 8th, and most likely final, Golden. They have a 2-3 year wait list. The newest puppy will become the teacher if plans work out. Man’s best friend! 

Sounds awesome!

• Like (+1) 1