Josh Allen has moved up a few (actually a lot) steps in the PFF QB rankings for the start of the year

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I know .. we all hate PFF and I don't actually click on their site much, but I heard Cowherd or one of those guys discussing PFF's 2021 QB ranking ...Josh moved from near the bottom to start 2020 to .... number 6 going into 2021. When your haters compliment you .. you have arrived.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

Lamar was 8, and Baker was 10.

Who were #1 through 5? 

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I know .. we all hate PFF and I don't actually click on their site much, but I heard Cowherd or one of those guys discussing PFF's 2021 QB ranking ...Josh moved from near the bottom to start 2020 to .... number 6 going into 2021. When your haters compliment you .. you have arrived.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

Lamar was 8, and Baker was 10.

Any list that has Lamont Jackson within 15 spots of Josh Allen is crap.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

Love how in Mahomes blurb it mentions he finished Top 3  in Turn Over Worthy Plays (23).

But Josh Allen mentions he had the second most turn over worthy plays (23). When it should have said the same, finished top 3 since it was a tie.  

Writers..... pff  (the sound) 

no wonder their site is PFF cause that is the sound we all make reading their poo poo

It is quite something when an organization dings QBs for things that didn’t happen, I’m waiting to hear about how RBs will be dinged for almost not getting a first down or receivers almost not catching a pass, 

oh, and always remember to never click on their site or a link to their site, hit them in the old pocketbook, 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m good with where he is-Brady and Wilson have done this for years, Josh has had 1 excellent season. If he plays as well as we all expect him to next season, then he will be a top 2 QB on every list 

True but Brady and Wilson's third seasons were nowhere near what Allen just put up

Why throw this jab in there?

"The only concern with Allen’s game now is his ability to protect the football. He had the second most turnover-worthy plays (23), trailing only Carson Wentz during the regular season."

They didn't do something like this for any other QB in the top 10... They can't NOT post something to slander Josh, even when complimenting him.

14 minutes ago, Prospector said:

"The only concern with Allen’s game now is his ability to protect the football. He had the second most turnover-worthy plays (23), trailing only Carson Wentz during the regular season."

They didn't do something like this for any other QB in the top 10... They can't NOT post something to slander Josh, even when complimenting him.

Not only that...but if there's a tie between their #1 (Mahomes) and their #6 (Allen) in "turnover-worthy plays" for 3rd in the league, it's possible that it just MAY say something about their system of scoring such plays....just sayin'

40 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Need we remind ourselves that they once rated Josh Allen dead last - 32nd in the league behind the struggling Josh Rosen who had just been sent packing to Miami. 

That list is rather humorous in hindsight.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

Oh, that's precious!  I hate to give them the clicks though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Russell Wilson started the year as the best QB in the league.  After the midway point, he was probably outside the top 10.  No way he’s above Allen.

Wilson is a tough QB to measure. He might have the best deep accuracy of any QB in the league, but every year he falls into a lull at the midpoint of the season. As much as people make fun of the NFL for caring too much about his height, he does sometimes play like a QB that can't exactly see over his o-line. Until he can play at a high level for an entire season I can't possibly rank him in the top 5.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Prospector said:

do you know Mahomes isn’t far behind that?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Need we remind ourselves that they once rated Josh Allen dead last - 32nd in the league behind the struggling Josh Rosen who had just been sent packing to Miami. 

That list is rather humorous in hindsight.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

he looks like a quarterback who will struggle with week-to-week consistency but will put together monster stretches of play that will make life difficult on opposing defenses.

Those monster stretches are now called the NFL season. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Prospector said:

I know right.

Plus that's an utterly useless stat.  It's not adjusted for situational football, scaled with attempts etc.  ,'Turnover Worthy', was James Worthy's nickname early in his career, maybe they're confused by that....

He needs to cut down on the fumbles when scrambling or getting sacked, I think we can all agree.  As for the "turnover-worthy plays," I believe there was a video of them and the vast majority would have taken superhuman effort to turn them into INTs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1