Dan Campbell wants a live Lion at Detroit pratices.

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Dan Campbell: I would love to have a pet lion at practice - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Isn't this the coach who said he wants his players to bite the kneecaps off the opposing team or said something like that. He will either be a great success or an epic train wreck. It should be fun to watch. 

Dan Campbell: "I would like to have a real lion at practice. That would be pretty cool for the guys to see."

3xw5.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

These gimmicks don't work in the NFL anymore.  It's much too sophisticated now in how you prepare and cultivate a team.  I'm not saying it's still not a rough and tumble game that players need to be motivated to extraordinary things physically but it's definitely a thinking mans game more than ever.  

I'm thankful our head coach doesn't rely on or spend time thinking about nonsense like this.

Agree, meathead coaches are no longer successful in the NFL. The Bills drought era coaches prove that point clearly. 

46 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, meathead coaches are no longer successful in the NFL. The Bills drought era coaches prove that point clearly. 

Wait wait wait wait a cottonpickin minute now.....Ole Dick J was quite the cerebral specimen!  And Chan?!?!?  Lets not talk about St. Doug and the Wrex brothers tho....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Dan Campbell: I would love to have a pet lion at practice - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Isn't this the coach who said he wants his players to bite the kneecaps off the opposing team or said something like that. He will either be a great success or an epic train wreck. It should be fun to watch. 

I'm going to predict that this guy won't last any longer than the great Matt Patricia... 

19 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

No one has mentioned yet that in the article he wants the lion to "take a dump" in the part of the field that a position group performs poorly in?

He added: "On command, you could train him. If one of your groups didn't do it you can just take him over to their section and having him take a dump right there in the middle of where their section is at."

Anyone remember Jackie Sherril - a long time college coach at several big universities. I'll never forget when he had a bull castrated at a Mississipi State practice to "educate & motivate" the team. Nothing like a good castration to motivate a group of young men! Whatever he comes up with - Dan Campbell is not the first meathead, goofball head coach. 

Hope this link works - I'm an cranky old man who is not too technically savvy. 

Http://apnews.com/75c75f79cc11bce044188ee1897e3fd6

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Wait wait wait wait a cottonpickin minute now.....Ole Dick J was quite the cerebral specimen!  And Chan?!?!?  Lets not talk about St. Doug and the Wrex brothers tho....

Don’t forget Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey. They’re in the meathead crowd without question. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hell, I say release the lion at practice. Watch it shave at least .3 off of every 40 time. 

You don't have to be the fastest... you just have to be faster than the slowest offensive lineman.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1