Dan Campbell wants a live Lion at Detroit pratices.

Dan Campbell: I would love to have a pet lion at practice - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Isn't this the coach who said he wants his players to bite the kneecaps off the opposing team or said something like that. He will either be a great success or an epic train wreck. It should be fun to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

after i saw his press conference introducing him, i though...oh yeah, he's a goner.  i admittedly don't know much about the guy, but i just don't think i could ever hire him.

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 1

These gimmicks don't work in the NFL anymore.  It's much too sophisticated now in how you prepare and cultivate a team.  I'm not saying it's still not a rough and tumble game that players need to be motivated to extraordinary things physically but it's definitely a thinking mans game more than ever.  

I'm thankful our head coach doesn't rely on or spend time thinking about nonsense like this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

50 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Dan Campbell: I would love to have a pet lion at practice - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Isn't this the coach who said he wants his players to bite the kneecaps off the opposing team or said something like that. He will either be a great success or an epic train wreck. It should be fun to watch. 

Yes it will, they should let the lion run free during practices as a motivational tool...

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

He also wanted Josh to ride it.

Nuthin wrong with that..

• Agree 1