Bills announce FO updates: Terrance Gray and Malik Boyd named in joint promotion to take over Dan Morgan’s role

And the hire of a female scout

4. Andrea Gosper joins the personnel department on a full-time basis

The Bills discovered Andrea Gosper thanks to the NFL's Women's Careers in Football Forum. For the last two seasons, Gosper has been a scouting intern for Buffalo. Now, she'll transition into a full-time role. By being promoted to player personnel coordinator, Beane said her new job responsibilities will consist of about 75 percent college scouting, 25 percent pro scouting and administrative work.

• Like (+1) 3

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills announce FO updates: Terrance Gray and Malik Boyd named in joint promotion to take over Dan Morgan’s role

safe to say the Pegula's got this one right, beyond the football-talent analysis and decisions beano and McD have excellent human resources/talent recognition and developmental skills...lets get some of this mojo going over in the hockey side for crying-effing-out loud...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s interesting to see the Bills invest in their scouting department, I was reading yesterday about firings in that area around the league due to cost savings

Does anyone on the Bills staff have a connection to Tom McConnaughey? Id love to see him part of the staff here in Buffalo. 

Can't have enough good FO staff

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The Bills promote from within and build culture.  The Sabres fire with reckless abandon and destroy culture.  

Both are Pegula teams.  The difference is Beane really knows what he is doing.  

You have to put the right people in charge. It all started with the McDermott hire, then everything fell into place. 

Sabres will get there sometime. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Notice who didn't get a promotion? Brian Gaine. He was Beane's top guy but left for Houston then came back. I'm happy for Boyd and Gray. 

I think they did it like this because Boyd is likely getting a GM job next year. 

Think it has more to do with Gaine still collecting from Houston and not wanting to move his family back to Buffalo again.  We will see when his kids get older what he eventually does, but right now he has a nice gig.

Edited by Back2Buff

49 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The Bills promote from within and build culture.  The Sabres fire with reckless abandon and destroy culture.  

Not sure that's entirely the difference - The Bills are winning, and in a non-pandemic year profitable.  The Sabres have been losing / unprofitable since the Pegulas took the team over.  At a certain point they made the decision to cut costs.

Kevyn Adams might really know what he's doing, but it might be hard to tell with the constraints he's facing.

55 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I'm pretty sure Beane has nothing to do with front office hiring.  I could be wrong

• Disagree 1